Author Topic: A little extra trailer  (Read 34487 times)

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Re: A little extra trailer
Well...sort of, but it will change soon. ;)
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No it is not on hold, work gets done on it when work can be done.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Took me 2 days but I've managed to make this into a 'hybrid' mod.

That's running on my very old unused FS2 retail install with a recent SCP CVS build. This would also run on the current INF SCP mod as well. Though there are a few differences:

1. Old head anis used in SCP standard.
2. Sound files from FS2 retail are used instead of the new INF sounds, as it saves me hassle and cuts the filesize down. So it'll sound a bit different depending on what version your playing.
3. Both versions use slightly different sounds, species_defs and weapons tables due to the gutting of most of the Inferno files.
4. Possible chance of multiplayer support in SCP standard version, but no promises on that...

So how does it work on both is there are differences and more files required from the INF mod?

1. The mod is split into seperate VP files. There's Core, Music, INF_Effects and INF_Core. (though those aren't the actual filenames :D )
To run on INF SCP you need: Core and Music only
To run on standard SCP you need: Core, Music, INF_Effects and INF_Core.
(INF_Core contains required Inferno mod files, INF_Effects is optional explosions and shockwave, though without it it'll default to retail effects)

Media VPs are NOT required for any version and probably wouldn't affect much due to the way Inferno is designed. The tables in INF_Core will override the ones in the standard Core VP, as those tables are for use with the full INF mod. HTL models in the media VPs will not work with this mod, and no HTL models are included with the mod. I don't plan on changing that since all the new ships in my fleet are non HTL.

I still have a few bugs to fix in this new version, and a few things to change, but if this works the way I want it to I can release this package before the next release of Inferno, but once the next release is out, you'll be able to use it with Inferno as well.

Offline mr.WHO

To run on standard SCP you need: Core, Music, INF_Effects and INF_Core

Do you have an estimated size of each file/part?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Core 46mb (12mb compressed)
Music 45.5mb (44.9mb compressed)
INF_Core 68mb (19mb compressed)
INF_Effects 40mb (8.5 mb compressed)

INF SCP Total ~ 91mb (57mb compressed)
SCP Standard Total ~200mb (85mb compressed)

Note the Core is the only one subject to major changes, the others are finalised except for bug fixing.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I think I've got most of the bugs fixed now. Fixed things for both versions. SCP Standard version should be ready for multiplayer testing now.

Now I just have to finnish the campaign, balance the Vasudan and Shivan fleets, and it's nearly ready.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Made a quick mission to start testing the balance of the Shivan ships. Here you help to blockade a node from 4 Shivan cruisers and several fighter wings.
Our Lilith is quite deadly from the front if you don't stop it in time, and you need to make sure those fast Abel cruisers don't get away. Oh and Shivan fighters are very resistant to Terran guns. The Gorgon only takes 10% of the total damage from the original Avenger cannon. So I wouldn't use the Avenger against those :D
Shots are from SCP Standard version.

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
Perhaps you could release soon a teaser mission or something?
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That would be difficult as for instance that Shivan mission there requires all the planned VP files to run as it includes Sol content and INF content.
I may release the modpack without the main campaign though with a few SP and possibly MP missions for you lot to play with. I can then release the campaign when I'm ready.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1.  :wtf: Why would the Inferno campaign have Apollos in it? You need to look at this thread again from the start  :nod:

2. The Shivan and Vasudan fleets are a bonus and do not appear in the campaign. They also don't fit into the main timeline (No FS1 capship weapons so any 'GTA' missions would use Sol turrets and railguns) but it's all for fun :)

Offline Darius

Are you including the Punisher supercannon? Or is it outside Inferno canon?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This is set before that so it isn't included.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Updating a few things today to make it work better on 3.6.9 Release Candidate 2

Also more up to date file sizes:
INF SCP Total ~ 82mb (55.6mb compressed)
SCP Standard Total ~193.9mb (88mb compressed)

Just another Shivan destroyer model needed and the modpack should be ready, though I probably still need to tweak a few things here and there.

i lurch out of the shadows and ask a question that was asked dozens of times before.  :blah:

When can we expect it by  :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Depends on how fast I get a Shivan destroyer, and if I decide to release the mod before the campaign is finnished.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
536mb ~200mb compressed

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok my turn to ask questions :D
These questions are for campaign/mission builders (I won't be adding this stuff to the main campaign)

1. Are there any FS1 era ships that you would really want included that I may not have included already (not included ships I can think of are Fenris, Loki, Zeus and Hades (I'm more likely to include the fenris as it only requires 1 additional table entry and no extra files, the rest are ST ships so didn't really apply)
I may also include mod ships from the latest version of the FS Port, but only if there is demand. I won't include FS2 era ships that aren't in FS1 unless you give me a VERY good reason.

2. Any FS1 weapons you can't do without? (most fighter weapons are dumped except for the Avenger, Prometheus, Fury, Hornet, Interceptor and Phoenix V, I'm also including the original Terran Turrets for capships though they aren't used by default)
Note 1: Vasudan ships used their own capship weapons but they share the Terran/EA fighter wepaons. I don't plan to change this as I don't have enough custom Vasudan FS1 era weapons. Shivans use Inferno weapons so FS1 era Shivan weapons aren't included either (our weapons are better)
Note 2: All weapons will get armour values so they won't be balanced exactly the same as FS1.

Ship wise you should be ok if I add a fenris entry, though if you want to do a FS1 era mission outside of Sol you might want some of the other weapons. Which is the reason for the questions.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
It's not nessesery to ask those questions as desingers can just add proper entries to Inferno Alliance tables whenever they want to. ;)
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah but any ships added need to be made compatable with the current release of Inferno. If someone adds new ships themselves, they'll probably use FS2 standard maps which won't work with INF SCP. I also need to make any new weapons work with both versions of the sounds table.
If I do it I know everything will work.