Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

New forum search

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nightmare:
If you think it's stable enough you could post it in the "News:"-line on top of every page. Ask people for feedback/testing, stuff like that.

ngld:
It's not going to crash or anything like that... worst possible outcome would be that it doesn't return the results you expect it to. Though that's pretty unlikely given that all of the actual searching and indexing are handled by Elasticsearch. The only thing I did was writing some python scripts to feed it the forum posts (~600 lines) and a simple web frontend that allows you to send queries to the server and formats the results (~100 lines). With that amount of code, there's not much that can go wrong...

Nightmare:
Well than go for it! You're an Admin now! :D
(and I'd guess most people have read about FSMods in the meantime)

ngld:
Eh, why not? Would be nice if there was a way to hide old news entries instead of just deleting them... would give you a way to reenable them later. Anyway, I've saved the old news entry in case someone wants me to restore it.

Nightmare:
Couldn't you just put them under each other? If you turn the first line into a one-liner, say, "ngld is testing a new forum search which hopefully works better than the existing one. It currently only indexes public posts. Feedback is welcome!", there should be plenty of space (and the other message wasn't that long either).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version