Author Topic: Stencil Shadows  (Read 30878 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, there are a few things...

1) Bobboau is mostly working on Ferrium now... I haven't seen him work on SCP stuff in a while.
2) He said previously that this build was more of an experiment than anything else; it would require quite a lot of work to clean up the code enough to be able to merge it.
3) He has a nasty habit of partially coding a buggy implementation of a cool feature, and then taking ages to actually finish it and debug it.

In short, don't hold your breath; I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.  I wish he wouldn't get people's hopes up with half-completed features. :(

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Originally posted by Goober5000
3) He has a nasty habit of partially coding a buggy implementation of a cool feature, and then taking ages to actually finish it and debug it.

i've almost taken the Sabre of Justice to him a couple times for showing this tendancy in ferrium

:D
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well if someone else wants to do it I'll tell them everything they have to do give them code ect, asside from that I could have not played around with this and not posted these builds, I don't think anybody would have wanted that.

the problems we were faceing in FE were more of me doing something and you doing almost the exact same thing slightly diferently, or you misreading what I was planning to do.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I don't know about you but having stencil shadows in TBP would greatly add jaw droppage factor for those not following SCP development or not having FS2 at all.

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Can you please just do a build that has all the new stuff, and your old shadow stuff?  with the line -shadow ?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by ubermetroid
So we got to wait for FE?

Hehe, before we can play FE², SCP will have geomod support.

Seriously, I wouldnt bet half a penny on it. If it turns out to be finished at some point, that's cool. But I seriously don't think so.

Another problem arising with that is, FE² is NOT, and does NOT support FS2 in any way. So someone would have to do a FS2 --> FE² total conversion.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline redmenace

Bobboau, don't feel insulted by the what people say. But it is partly true that somethings you hae programmed have been buggy. But, you have done some valuable contribution to the community and to this project in general.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I think something is better than nothing even if some bug squashing has to be done for it. Great work Bob. :)
I am a revolutionary.

Niiiiiiiice. This, people, is why I love SCP.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Bit late aren't we?