Author Topic: [Release] GVCv Mahal 1.3  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In that shot it kinda reminds me of a Vasduan Defiant crossed with a Steamrunner class.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Lorric

Very nice action shot.

Yellow beams?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Shielded Corvette with beamz?
 :shaking:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Best New zod ship category winner?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Shielded Corvette with beamz?
 :shaking:
with destroyable shieldgenerators (needs to be freded though) and exposed engines, and lower hull than a sobek, so vulnerable to beams
it should be a nightmare for any ship without beams though
oh, and the main beams have longer recharge, in total it's only 1.2 BVAS as both fire with 0.6 speed + they can more or less only fire forward
i don't think it's THAT overpowered, stronger than other corvettes sure, but then, it's supposed to be a next gen ship
should it prove to be too much, parameters can always be lowered by the one designing a mission with it

and thanks for the praise people, but i personally will declare this community to be a bunch of guys with no talent should i win anything else than that elusive newcomer prize..... (if there is going to be any competition that is, where are your models guys? 1/3 of the contest is over.... )
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:53:06 am by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well if I was to use it, I'd put my money on a shielded gunboat capable of massive fighter suppresion keeping it away from cap ships.
Yeah, that sounds cool with all that shield protection.. a nightmare for the player oh yeah... :D

No coment on the declaration, it's pretty much possible that we're all a bunch of guys without talent.

or maybe just lazy.
el hombre vicio...

Offline fightermedic

Well if I was to use it, I'd put my money on a shielded gunboat capable of massive fighter suppresion keeping it away from cap ships.
Yeah, that sounds cool with all that shield protection.. a nightmare for the player oh yeah... :D

No coment on the declaration, it's pretty much possible that we're all a bunch of guys without talent.

or maybe just lazy.

yea sure, it should scale down to a (big) gunboat's size rather nicely
i have done that myself with some cruisers in the past
it's seriously over the top turret wise for a gunboat though (talking about the sheer amount of 25 turrets, but those can always be made fire slower or some removed)
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Luis Dias

fighter suppression with a pair of BVAs with 0.6x speed? u mad?

E: Wait what? 25 fkin turrets? ROFLMAO

Even a Leviathan is probably much more deadly to fighters than this.

This is more like a small hit n run corvette against medium sized corvettes / convoys, etc., in a kind of TEI-like tactics. Quick warp-in of say four of these will probably instakill any corvette / cruiser before anyone could counter them. So kinda like a mini Sekr-team Zod ship.

Offline fightermedic

well, on a gunboat the beams would have to be changed to something else of course, but that's a matter of seconds
no idea how well the turrets will work in vanilla, as i have drastically changed turret strength in the mod i'm using and have not tested it with vanilla yet, but that too is easily changed
6 small beams + 16 flak turrets should be something different for example :D
(thinking of it, yea, changing the small turrets to flak is something i want to do for the release version intended at vanilla turrets)

anyway, i have added a faint (animated) effect to indicate the position of the shield, that is visible all the time, not only when the ship takes hits
opinions? too dim? still too visible? bad idea in general? (in that case though, it's simply a matter of removing one submodel to remove it)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I don't see **** on this old trashed monitor from work :S
el hombre vicio...

This is the scariest thing I have seen in a while (in a good way) Love the model, I wonder what people will use it for.  :rolleyes:

Offline fightermedic

Re: [Release] GVCv Mahal
i think i've reached a point where further changes would make things worse, the download link is up
feedback of any kind is most welcome
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

to the few of you who downloaded immediately after i put the download up: please do so again, i've fixed the glowmap, there have been some very ugly compression errors in the first one
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Darius

There were also some bits around the nacelles that were missing textures, if you haven't already fixed them.

Offline fightermedic

are you talking about the glass-trans texture?
i don't think there is much point in including it, since it's part of the media vps
>>Ships created by me<<

are you talking about the glass-trans texture?
i don't think there is much point in including it, since it's part of the media vps

I'm getting this warning in debug:
Code: [Select]
Couldn't open texture 'glass-trans'
referenced by model 'mahal.pof'

I have the mediavps installed so I don't know why that texture seems to be missing.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm pretty sure it's not in the mediavps yet. Might be in the port mediavps though.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline fightermedic

it isn't? oh; i will include it in the download then...
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

download link updated, does include the missing glass texture now
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I... don't like it. :|

Sorry, but it's true.  The mix of blue, red, and yellow glows on the same ship kills it for me.  I'd much, much prefer if all of it was either red, or yellow, or blue.  Would it be possible to get a sort of preview with one solid color for the full ship, or is that impractical/not worth the effort?