Author Topic: Asustek A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra ATX?  (Read 365 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Asustek A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra ATX?
I was wondering does anyone know where i can buy this motherboard from, Asustek A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra ATX. I am upgrading my PC and i don't have a well payed job so i am buying the Budget items that PCZONE recomends. Asus don't seem to have an online shop or i am just that blind i couldn't find it :lol:. Has to be UK retailers cos its where i stay. i tried dabs.com but they don't accept visa electron, does anyone know of any other dependable online companys i could try? i did try PC World but they don't sell it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Asustek A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra ATX?
I would suggest you look for another board actually. This one apparently has numerous problems that still haven't been resolved. There are several other options for a similar price.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Really what sort of problems if you know? what would you recommend? i am not to afraid to admit that i am not that clued up on motherboards
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The main issue seems to be that the chipset fan is extremely loud and high-pitched (it's 30mm and spins at 8500rpm) and breaks down quickly.  I've seen tons of complaints about dead fans on this and the other two original A8N boards. Also, a lot of memory won't run at all at a 1T command rate and the HT speed doesn't go much higher than 250, if you are looking to overclock.

There isn't any one best choice for A64 motherboards. They mainly differ in their overclocking options/capabilities and integrated peripherals like Firewire, onboard audio and so on. They all have a few quirks, so it's a good idea to do some research on any board before buying it. I think the best options are the Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 if you don't want to overclock (although it works well for mild/moderate overclocking), as it's very cheap and slightly outperforms most of the nforce4 boards at stock settings. The DFI Ultra-D is a better option for heavier overclocks and is probably the best overall nforce4 board despite being somewhat expensive.

There are other good choices too, depending on your price range and what exactly you're looking for in a motherboard.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 03:43:42 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I would recommend an A8N5X board.  This one seems to be superior to the A8N-X, A8N-SLI, and A8N-E in terms of reliability.  The chipset is also of a new revision, and it's quite reasonably priced.  Plus, it doesn't have all that useless crap that the NF4 Ultra has, so valuable resources wont be consumed as much.  It also has a PCIe 4x slot for future use.  If you dont need a whole lot of bells, whistles, and SLI, then I'd give this one a thumbs up :).
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.