Author Topic: The Hara  (Read 5457 times)

What the hell is the Hara? Does it serve any real purpose aside being a gigantic floating shivan target? it makes the Icanus look tiny!  :wtf:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
From what I've heard it is just gigantic Shivan chewy target-practice goody-goody madness!

On a serious note, I believe that it was originally supposed to be the Shivan hive, a role taken over by the Gargant, or an artificial planet. (the Shivans have never been known to land on a planet)
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
i dont trust bthe "hive theory"...why would GTVA and shivan pilots act the same, except for the fact that shivan ships have advanced manuevering? i believe that shivans are capeabale of group thought, but dont rely on it. scientists have shown that if humans used a part of their brain (which only developes if you use it as a small child) humans would be able to read minds, and even participate in a sort of "group thought". but we are about 5 million years from having it develope completely, so i guess the shivans are an ancient species. possible the "first ones" of freespace?

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

The Hara is there to give you something to shoot at. Have fun!

...why would GTVA and shivan pilots act the same, except for the fact that shivan ships have advanced manuevering?

Cause they use the same AI code.  ;)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
that makes them have all the same brains! alert the GTVI scientists!

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Good News: I'm back! :D

Well, there's no Inferno R1 Chapter 2, 3 or 4 so we don't know what the Hara is supposed to do. It is unarmed, so I guess it is a Shivan colony...no more, no less...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It was a colony if you trust the tech entry.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
its a shivan science station/living complex. ever since the scary aliens with squid-esque ships destroyed their homeworld, they've had to make great use of such stations. one of which we are living on :D

Whatever it is, its big. REAL BIG.

And i think i want to blow it up.  :drevil:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It takes forever to explode, though. :P

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
use armegeddon bombs and ~W

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
i dont trust bthe "hive theory"...why would GTVA and shivan pilots act the same, except for the fact that shivan ships have advanced manuevering? i believe that shivans are capeabale of group thought, but dont rely on it. scientists have shown that if humans used a part of their brain (which only developes if you use it as a small child) humans would be able to read minds, and even participate in a sort of "group thought". but we are about 5 million years from having it develope completely, so i guess the shivans are an ancient species. possible the "first ones" of freespace?

I would just like to comment, as someone well-versed in genetics and neuroscience, that this is complete nonsense, and you either made it or up or place too much trust in others.

I hope you know this, aken-whoeveryouare-bosch. It's completely untrue.

...but, er, I probably shouldn't be bothering to say this, as everyone else knows it's untrue already.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
damn, i guess its true that you cant trust every single science journal on the internet.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
From my perspective, the Hara will probably be mothballed for storyline purposes.  The model will most likely not feature in the campaign.  Aside from the various guesses GTVA makes about the Shivans, the techroom descriptions for ships will be rewritten so they tell you - - - well, almost nothing about the Shivan vessel except for its obvious functions and known capabilities.  This will allow the Shivans to retain its elusiveness.

Rampage

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Scientists have shown that if humans used a part of their brain (which only developes if you use it as a small child) humans would be able to read minds, and even participate in a sort of "group thought".

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

What a load of bull****....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, if the Hera is to be scrapped...why not give the model away for public use?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It was released in R1

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Don't you have separate downloads to get some of the stuff...ugh...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No as that would be 150+ ships.

Offline Kie99

damn, i guess its true that you cant trust every single science journal on the internet.

You think?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"