Author Topic: Old INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 52715 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I love you guys.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will there be pretty nebulae in Rampage's missions?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Shot of the week:

Just as a heads up, we may start recruiting for FREDders.  Very soon.

Will there be pretty nebulae in Rampage's missions?

It's all about the starfield.

- Rampage
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:04:49 am by Rampage »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Last I checked he hasn't been here since 20th Feb.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
BTW, since Woo went and locked the FAQ thread (meanie), I'll ask a question here.

What's the Hailstorm primary weapon (not hellstorm).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
He can unlock the thread. I was about to edit my post but you QUOTED my words. Pretty bad thing.

Hailstorm?!? Stormlord!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's in this Gateways shot:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:53:17 am by Snail »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Okay sorry guys.  In the past week, several unexpected things happened:

1. I lost contact with Sid.  Not my problem - he's a busy man.
2. Because of #1, I've started to script my own missions (Sid used to do this).
3. I finished mission 9.  But I've run across a bug that crashes FS2 when a wing of strike crafts launches from a docking bay (first wave is fine, but second wave crashes FS2).  This is annoying me, as there are several missions where enemies will launch from a docking bay.
4. I was sick.

So as of now, I'm the only person working on the project.  And I will continue to work on this project.  Also keep in mind that I'm still at college, so after I graduate in May, I'll have all the time in the world to work on INF SCP.  But until, then it'll be more-or-less doing my best when time allows me to do so.

I'll post screenshots soon.

- Rampage

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So progress is starting up again now? Are you still hiring (:nervous:)?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

Progress never ceased.  I want to finish mission 15 before I start hiring because I want to finalize the first portion of the story.

- Rampage

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Qwer is MIA at the moment, but that's okay.

Ummm...why don't I know anything about this? :p
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Rampage: are you sure? I don't have this kind of problem. Sometimes spacecraft remain inside the fighterbay, but the game doesn't crash....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Progress never ceased.  I want to finish mission 15 before I start hiring because I want to finalize the first portion of the story.

- Rampage

So you still have to do... 7 more missions?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ah, so you don't require my help.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He certainly does. ::)

HA!

I just found out the story of the EA war by looking at shots on the site.

EA Commodore, Karpinsky, is planning to defect to the GTVA. The Oracle is sent to go help him defect and some such. Fighting against other EA guys, etc. Then, when the operation is at full swing, the GTVA send some guys to retrieve Karpinsky from the EA installation EAI Rio Grande. The Shivans earlier attacked the installation, and everyone evacuated.

So, how close was I? :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:24:41 am by Snail »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
New shots of the week:

I took those shots right before FS2 crashed.  I think it's a pathing problem, so I'll check that out.

So here's how it'll work - - Qwer recently popped his head in and contacted me, so he'll be working on INF SCP with mission design.  I'm currently brainstorming the next five missions or so and writing them down, so he can help us make some of those missions.  They'll hopefully be done around mid-March.

And after that, we'll start hiring FREDders.  I guess the main issue is that I want dedicated FREDders, not modpack seekers.  So I don't just want to give away the INF SCP modpack and never hear from FREDders again.

But anyway, I'll be in touch on this thread.

- Rampage

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, my main problem about mission designing is... Polishing missions made by other people. I really suck at that. I need to be very familiar with the mission before I can edit it. I have a very distinct and unique FREDding style (Nearly every object is stuck at exact precision). This is my main weakness, and is why I haven't done any missions for MT (though I have done some other stuff like tech descriptions and table editing and cleaning).

Oh, and on a side note, will you be kidnapping freespaceking and getting him to do the maps? He would do great things for Inferno, for some of the maps are very old. And SLICK too, they're the 2 people you'd want in the art department, though I haven't seen fsking in a while...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:46:19 am by Snail »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I just found out the story of the EA war by looking at shots on the site.

EA Commodore, Karpinsky, is planning to defect to the GTVA. The Oracle is sent to go help him defect and some such. Fighting against other EA guys, etc. Then, when the operation is at full swing, the GTVA send some guys to retrieve Karpinsky from the EA installation EAI Rio Grande. The Shivans earlier attacked the installation, and everyone evacuated.

So, how close was I? :P

Wow you're good!  How did you ever guess?!  That'd be the case in 2004 (or even earlier).  And you didn't get that story via these shots; I make sure my shots are very non-story specific.  You probably got that by (1) playing the missions that came w/ the INF SCP staff modpack or (2) from the old shots.

And if you have the INF SCP modpack already, then I guess I don't have to worry you being a modpack mooch. :p  Haha just kidding.

- Rampage

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Polishing missions...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Uh, can someone give me a quick rundown of what exactly this is?

Are you guys (Rampage, Snail, Qwer) finishing up what Woo has been working on? I.e. the fully redone Inferno story and completely overwriting the previous chapter one release? Or is this a continuation of that already released chapter and seperate to the work he's doing on R2?

Sorry, I've just lost track of whats going on with Inferno lately.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!