Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51326 times)

Offline Pez

Interesting words from an exil-afhgan. It's well worth reading.

"We come now to the question of "bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone Age". Trouble is, that's been done."
 http://www.livejournal.com/users/djlavey/

Pez

[This message has been edited by Pez (edited 09-17-2001).]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Kazan:

you're diluted - we're a predatory species

(steps into protective suit   )

We're an omnivorous species, not predatory, at a basic bilogical level... we've scavengers in effect.

Humans are just fiercely territorial and fearful of the unknown.... a consequence of emotions I think.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net

Originally posted by aldo_14:
We're an omnivorous species,

the ability to eat plant matter is purely vestigual - it just came in handy on occasion, it's by far not a required supplement contrary to some dietians
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

the ability to eat plant matter is purely vestigual - it just came in handy on occasion, it's by far not a required supplement contrary to some dietians

Well, we're not meat eaters - our stomachs are not designed to handle raw meat... we are omnivorous - for the simple reason that,as a species, we are weak and feeble compared to most animals both now and during our first years... the reason why we developed technology.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Pff, vestigial for you, perhaps.  But I like my pastas, and salads, and stirfrys, and....

I also eat sushi.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by aldo_14:
... we've scavengers in effect...

I like the classification given to us in the Matrix: "Humans.... are a disease."  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net

Originally posted by Shrike:
Pff, vestigial for you, perhaps.  But I like my pastas, and salads, and stirfrys, and....

I also eat sushi.    

i never said it was a bad thing.. it's just vestigial - we _Are_ a predatory species

------------------
"Why Climb it?" - "Because it's there."

"God is dead." - Nietzsche
-----------------
FreeSpace 2: The Babylon Project Effects Nerd and Programmer.
Alliance Productions
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Guys, I just thought of something.

WTC Towers...
Tower of Babel.

Built tall as a representation of the strength of humanity...

Crushed to show our weakness?
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Top Gun

Originally posted by Setekh:
Guys, I just thought of something.

WTC Towers...
Tower of Babel.

Built tall as a representation of the strength of humanity...

Crushed to show our weakness?

Oh dear

FYI . Petronas Twin Towers in Malasia are the tallest towers in the world to my knowledge so surely if some "god" wanted to destroy a symbol of man's power and kill thousans of his own those would be targeted. Plus They weren't destroyed by a natural phenomena ar something that can be interpreted as an act of "god", they were destroyed by our supposidly fellow humans.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Shrike:
I also eat sushi.    

Raw fish?!? Argh.  
Probably away. Contact through email.

I've eaten raw fish before...
unfortunately, it wasn't Sushi, but a piece of uncooked haddock that I thought WAS cooked  

oh, and cut the 1-on-1 arguements before I dust off the hammer...  

------------------
Temporal Mechanics
What does Kazan use for birth control?
His personality!

- Ace

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Guideline #14 of the HLP Forums: Don't insult an admin. Don't insult anyone, for that matter; insults will get you nowhere but out the door. We will ban you again if you don't listen, and this time not temporarily.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Setekh, you smell.

Hehe, Joking - and he's right kids, we can take a joke but out-and-out flames aren't going to make us A-1 Happy...

Offline Top Gun

Originally posted by Thunder:
and he's right kids, we can take a joke but out-and-out flames aren't going to make us A-1 Happy...

If it was me that he was speaking to about "Insulting an Admin" Apologies, that link was not intended as an Insult but rather as an amusing way to state the fact that comparing the Destruction of the Twin Towers to the Tower of Babel was a very Controversial  statement. Apologies for any offense Caused.

[This message has been edited by Top Gun (edited 09-20-2001).]

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Hmmm...more rules.

------------------

------------------
                            [email protected]                          Staff member of
Inferno,
Don't loose
your headz
over it.    
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.