Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Freespace 2 RE
« Last post by Nightmare on May 22, 2018, 09:32:19 pm »
Ah, my bad. I've never played What If though. I think there was a header of AP in Setekhs renders somewhere and later found something in the forum about it, for next to nothing is on the webarchive, (though I was searching for different things on the WA).
« Last post by Goober5000 on May 22, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »
I think there were several campaigns that dealt with that throught the years, this was just the only one that ever made it to release. There was also Woolie Wools "Twist of Fate" and some HLP project called Alternate Paths or something like that I once read about (not sure about the latter though).

What If is kind of like FS1: Reborn.  It's a similar story, but with flak guns and beam cannons.  By contrast, both Twist of Fate and Alternate Paths tell what may have happened in the Terran-Vasudan War if the Shivans had never shown up.

Alternate Paths dates from way back in HLP's history.  Here's a capture of their website.  I included a reference to it in the secret area of the Phoenix holonet. ;)
Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELEASE: Freespace 3 the search For bosch
« Last post by Nightmare on May 22, 2018, 08:45:59 pm »
Chichen: It's a... temple or something
« Last post by Nightmare on May 22, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »
P.S. Does anyone remember that alternative FS port campaing that I mentioned in OP? It was so long ago that I completely forgot the name of that campaign.

I believe you're thinking of "What If: Another Great War".

I think there were several campaigns that dealt with that throught the years, this was just the only one that ever made it to release. There was also Woolie Wools "Twist of Fate" and some HLP project called Alternate Paths or something like that I once read about (not sure about the latter though).
Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELEASE: Freespace 3 the search For bosch
« Last post by Goober5000 on May 22, 2018, 08:43:25 pm »
I'm not sure anyone ever noticed this but Rhymes pointed it out on a stream:

:lol:
:bump:

These HTL variants are now included in the standard Scroll release. :nod:
Gaming Discussion / Re: Current FREE Games Promotions
« Last post by Scourge of Ages on May 22, 2018, 08:15:59 pm »
I don't know if it's part of a promotion or what, but I've never noticed it before. There's some game for free on GOG called Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, which appears to be some sort of turn based game set in space with anime characters.

It's been free on Steam for a while, as well. The sequel and pseudo-sequel are paid, instead.
Mask of Arcadius is a sort of visual novel with a serviceable hex-based strategy/tactics space game.
« Last post by Goober5000 on May 22, 2018, 08:11:21 pm »
P.S. Does anyone remember that alternative FS port campaing that I mentioned in OP? It was so long ago that I completely forgot the name of that campaign.

I believe you're thinking of "What If: Another Great War".
Site Support / Feedback / Re: Post-server move issues
« Last post by Goober5000 on May 22, 2018, 07:52:06 pm »
I got backed up with other tasks, sorry.  It's still on the front burner.  You should see movement soon. :)
Exile / Re: Exile - Discussion
« Last post by CapellaGoBoom on May 22, 2018, 07:47:04 pm »
Since resources are an issue, I can understand why Exodus Fleet may not want to put energy into a Treb or Maxim equivalent for all fighters, but how about an energy sniper weapon like the Hypacs from Shadow Genesis?  That could be worth looking into in order for Exodus Fleet to give its fighters the ability to disarm Shivan capships.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a sniper-style weapon in BP act2. It was on the custos cruiser in the "One Future" mission. I would love to use something like that in exile 2. But I do not believe we will see the Shivans in Andromeda at all
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10