Recent Posts

Pages: < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >
Blue Planet / Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
« Last post by Buckshee Rounds on October 22, 2018, 04:59:43 pm »
Just instead of methodically attempting to disarm this ship (IIRC the one swarm missile with aspect lock is better with this since they can't be shot down), just somehow survive till you can call in the reinforcements and then just call in all the heavy bombers you can to her underside, these guys will delete the corvette in a moment's notice.

This was the very first thing I tried and they got killed disturbingly quick, even when I sent in interceptors first to break up her fighter screen. I'll try again later.

EDIT: Tried it there, did as you suggested and went way below Medea. Durgas slapped her about and took her down! Thanks for the advice! I had to dance with those bloody Perseus all the live long day though, they seemed to do their job really really well.
Announcements / Re: Please welcome our newest staff member, ngld!
« Last post by Nightmare on October 22, 2018, 04:43:19 pm »
Huge congratulations! :)
Announcements / Re: Please welcome our newest staff member, ngld!
« Last post by PVD_Hope on October 22, 2018, 04:40:36 pm »
Congrats ngld! :D
« Last post by Aesaar on October 22, 2018, 03:51:50 pm »
Your Paveways might be getting shot down.  They gain the bomb flag when they get close enough to their target, and the Diomedes has a TT2 right next to the beam cannons.

Also note that the dish (the glowy bit) is the turret.  The housing is considered ship hull.
« Last post by MitoPL on October 22, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »
Just instead of methodically attempting to disarm this ship (IIRC the one swarm missile with aspect lock is better with this since they can't be shot down), just somehow survive till you can call in the reinforcements and then just call in all the heavy bombers you can to her underside, these guys will delete the corvette in a moment's notice.
« Last post by Buckshee Rounds on October 22, 2018, 03:30:50 pm »
I'm on Aristeia and I'm having problems killing the Medea's beams. I've got 6 paveways and they're giving me really mixed results. On one run I launched all 6 at one beam and got it down to 15%. On another I killed the beam with just 2 (although the Sanctus' might have helped) and this is while using afterburner and launching close to prevent them getting shot down (I tried launching from afar, but they seem to get shot down really easily). Likewise, the turret strike wing, gunship wing, bombers, basically any of the reinforcements really struggle to kill even one beam, I don't think I've seen them do it once after 7 attempts. They also struggle to bring down the Medea to anything below 80% hull if I forego the disarm or destroy subsystem order. I always wait for it to slow down after jumping too, just to eliminate that as a factor.

This is on normal and I understand the ai is much better than it was, but this seems really punishing. I've tried lobbing paveways at different angles and distances - abeam, astern, directly from the front etc. She's just unstoppable, she guts the Indus no matter what I try. I haven't used Stilettos yet so I might give it a shot. I'm hoping someone else can chime in and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
The Aftermath: Reboot / Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
« Last post by JSRNerdo on October 22, 2018, 03:12:50 pm »
Will the player be summarily executed if they fail the mission so badly they get the worst possible outcome?
The Aftermath: Reboot / Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
« Last post by MitoPL on October 22, 2018, 02:54:55 pm »
It's actually better to cheat through a mission than just skip it - if you do the latter, some campaign persistent mission-specific variables may not be set and you'll end up with some strange things later in the campaign.
Announcements / Please welcome our newest staff member, ngld!
« Last post by Goober5000 on October 22, 2018, 02:43:30 pm »
Our newest administrator is already well-known for his work on Knossos.  Please welcome ngld to the HLP staff!

ngld has already been helpful offering advice and expertise in a few previous server administration tasks.  We will be quickly putting him to work to squash the remaining issues with HTTPS integration, as well as whatever else we can get away with. :D
The Unification War / Re: came chapther 2 alo and what status
« Last post by woutersmits on October 22, 2018, 02:20:58 pm »
Chapter 2 is now a separate project -- there is only one chapter of the Unification War.  A revised/overhauled/spiffed up 2.0 release is imminent.
it isnt its going to exitst agein
they are going to build agein i going to help so
it will be finished ask goober5000 for more info it will be made
so projact is comming back alive
Pages: < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >