Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Star Trek Discovery -- This is the good ****
« Last post by Luis Dias on January 22, 2018, 10:18:18 am »
Everyone's suggesting captain Lorca is originally from the mirror universe. There's some problems with this line of thought because it's just too convenient plot-wise for this to be the case - the fact they got into the mirror universe cannot be blamed on Lorca without destroying the entire plot about the spores so far, and so the coincidence is just too much to bear - but I guess it makes sense tonally speaking.

Ok, so they went there. Now they have to explain how on earth he pulled it off, because it just seems incredibly ridiculous plot-wise. There are so many moments that do not fit into this arc, that I'm having trouble fitting it together. OTOH, there are others who do now, like for instance him keeping the blaster near himself while he made love to Georgiou.
Help Wanted/Offering Help / Re: Need a ship? Or two?
« Last post by majorvader111 on January 22, 2018, 09:17:16 am »
no worrys
« Last post by Nyctaeus on January 22, 2018, 08:36:16 am »
Hey! I still have the files somewhere on my HD. If I remember correctly, it's a little bit upgraded and partially mapped. I had my period of disappearance two years ago, and when I came back, You weren't active so I switched to other projects. HTL Ticonderoga requested by Woolie Wool was cancelled for the same reason.

I can resume working on it when I'm done with other projects of currently highest priority.
« Last post by majorvader111 on January 22, 2018, 05:51:45 am »
Hi Nyctaeus just wondering how progress for the mars model going? just thought i would follow up since its been 2 years since.
FreeSpace Discussion / Replaying active campaign mission
« Last post by blacky7 on January 22, 2018, 04:44:39 am »
Hello, I hope that I'm posting this in right section.... I played campaign mission and I wasn't happy with the outcome but I accidentally clicked to proceed to the next mission.... Can I somehow replay that last mission? And I know I can do it in mission simulator but I think this would make diference in next mission in the campaign so simulator would not help me... :)
The FRED Workshop / Re: Strange error
« Last post by The E on January 22, 2018, 04:21:32 am »
To a non-coder, that line means nothing (which is why it's going to get changed in an upcoming nightly). You need to have the source code available to make sense of it; what it means is that an assertion has failed (assertions are things we use to check data, they exist to check if incoming data falls within the expected range for a given function). In this particular case, the engine tried to look up the new name in its list of existing jump nodes. The assertion then checked if it found the jump node being renamed (the "check == this" part), or if the jump node it found existed at all (the "!check" part). If either of those checks fail, the assertion is triggered.
The FRED Workshop / Re: Warp sound error
« Last post by bomb3rman on January 22, 2018, 02:14:22 am »
I get this too when running my project... Though never experienced issues with it despite the fact that this message pops up when running the debug file. I'm using the MediaVPs as well.

I don't think that it's going to be a big problem, too.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Anyone want a Gravis Firebird?
« Last post by jr2 on January 22, 2018, 01:23:19 am »
Yeah, you'd need a 15-pin GamePort to USB adapter, there's some for like $20 on eBay.
The Modding Workshop / Re: How to make a VP file?
« Last post by krevett62 on January 22, 2018, 01:13:59 am »
I'm on windows and I use VPT (volition package tool) by luke of wcsaga.org it's a command line packer/unpacker really easy to use and fast!
The Modding Workshop / Re: How to make a VP file?
« Last post by PVD_Hope on January 21, 2018, 10:28:01 pm »
If you're looking to release something, Knossos will take care of packing your mod into VPs automatically upon upload/release.

That would be nice, but I'd like the mod to be available for people who don't use the Knossos launcher... Could I use the launcher to package it once and then redistribute the package in my release topic?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10