Author Topic: $ - tags  (Read 3812 times)

I have following problem:
==================
The $ - tags for briefing text as explained in the FRED - help
A word can be colored by preceding it with one of the following "tags": $h, $f, $n, $r, $g, $b

won't color any text in my mission briefing. e.g.: 'Afterwards protect the $fBombers.'

Searching this forum and the web, didn't provide any more conclusive explanations for these tags, please help! Is there something I missed?
this is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Put a space in between the word and the $-code.

Example:
Code: [Select]
After the [b]$g[/b] GTD [b]$g[/b] Whatever jumped out, the [b]$r[/b] SD [b]$r[/b] Somethingelse started bombarding the planet.

Also, this belongs in the Modding Forum ;)
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Since English isn't my mothertongue, I mistook the meaning of 'preceding' :rolleyes: and thought the parser would be smart enough, thanks for the help.
Freespace Campaigns
General shop talk discussing campaigns, FRED included.

:confused: I thought this is the right place for FRED question.

Greetz
« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 09:10:07 am by 1396 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by TheCelestialOne
Put a space in between the word and the $-code.

Example:
After the [b]$g[/b] GTD [b]$g[/b] Whatever jumped out, the [b]$r[/b] SD [b]$r[/b] Somethingelse started bombarding the planet.
[/B]

To clarify, in the briefing it would show up like this.

After the [color=limegreen]GTD Whatever[/color] jumped out, the [color=red] SD Somethingelse[/color] started bombarding the planet.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by the__phoenix
:confused: I thought this is the right place for FRED question.

He's right :) Sometimes it takes a newbie to notice something like that :)

Welcome to HLP Phoenix. Someone will be along to shoot you with the welcome beam in a bit. :)

Since you're probably new to FRED just a quick peice of advice. Don't start your own campaign! :) Almost everyone tries that and most of them never get finished. Instead try making a few stand alone missions and then post them and hope to get snapped up by one of the big development teams.

If you've already started your own campaign or you think you really can write a whole campaign on your own feel free to disregard the above but be advised that it is a lot more work than you may think. Average development time for a good campaign is at least a year.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuclear1

Ditto. Welcome to the boards. Just avoid spammers and flamers like Stryke and an0n and you'll do just fine ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
It would be hard for him to not avoid them, as neither are here anymore.. :doubt:

Anyways, isn't someone going to make him **** his pants with the Beam and the speach about Carl?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
is Stryke banned like an0n? :blah:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by karajorma

Average development time for a good campaign is at least a year.

At least...

ANd yes, what DID happen to Stryke?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think he vanished when An0n got banned. They will be back, or possibly not, who knows?

Flipside :D

I'm not new to FRED, in fact I use it since FS1, but never very successfully :rolleyes:. Some weaks ago I rediscovered my favorite game and tried to 'fred' again (now using fs_open :yes: ). These $-tags I never used before so I was curious how they work.

@karajorma
No need to worry I won't start my own campaign. I write SciFi - Fanfics (in german) and know what and how long it takes to create an interesting storyline. As a matter of fact, I'm working on a standalone SOC :D mission to try the fs_open sexps.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Hippo

At least...

ANd yes, what DID happen to Stryke?

He's out gettin' an0n to pay him that money he owes ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Krackers87

• 158 crew
Fire Control, target the__phoenix. Power up photon beam cannons. Commence plasma core insertion. OPEN FIRE!

Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located beneath your seat in case of emergency or naughty disposition. If you run into any Shivans while crawling through the ductwork, it's probably just Carl. Give him your lunch, back away slowly, and you'll be fine.
Put this in your profile if you know someone who is fighting, has survived, or has died from an awp no scope.

just like seventies goofballs
he's waiting on last calls
well listen method man
'cause if you leave on the last line
don't leave on the ground kind
born just a little too slow

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Well, i`ll be damned,  how many times has Anon been banned anyway, isn`t this his third time?
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought