Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99581 times)

Offline Kie99

What do you have against BR TopAce?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Thanks for the help Ransom! I don't know how i coulda missed that button... Oh well.

btw I think homesick is an awesome campaign. Sync is definatley more.... twisted, but homesick has more of a feel that you actually "know" the pilots. (plus BR added a Vasudan in there to promote cultural diversity) but anyway, I thinks they are equal in terms of coolness. Just different... thats all.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Kai

The only thing i can say is WOW NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A STORY-DRIVEN CAMPAIGN!!!! I couldnt stop playing until i finished it. Great work man!! Looking forward for the sequels!!
Just another FS2 maniac

I complete Sync, too.. it was.. i can't say this.. it was confused. But it was great and a surprising ending.
But i have many questions.

Spoiler:

- Who are these Vasudan? A Neo-Hammer of Light from the Future? I mean, they was against Terrans and know that Sync was their end.
- What happened with Phi 2? Was he dead like the other 2 Ships or was he trapped in the 2367 Time?
- How Beta 2 know what happened, and how he could followed us?
- Why we don't see the Trinity before we entered Gamma Draconis 2367?
- For what was this Vasudan Transporter?
- Which time we have in the Epilogue? And which System was that who will overrun first by the Shivans?
- Why i think, i fly every time the same Mission in the last Missions.. they was almost the same..

I hope that Sync 2 will release soon ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 06:42:33 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
I played this a little while back and just realised I hadn't commented.

Firstly, it's an excellent plot-driven campaign. Very, very good. I loved it almost from start to finish. :yes:

Couple of things I didn't like - there are some plot inconsistencies, eg. the GTD Messana getting destroyed next to 3rd Fleet HQ. The Messana covered the evacuation of that station before it was scuttled in the main FS2 campaign. That irked me somewhat. There were some others as well IIRC, but I can't remember what they were atm...

Perhaps slightly too many jump-in-talk-a-bit-jump-out missions. Yes, they're the best way to develop the plot from the pilot's perspective, but they do get a bit tedious eventually.

Exellent work overall, though - I'd rate this in my top 5 favourite released campaigns. Very well done. :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by pyro-manic
Perhaps slightly too many jump-in-talk-a-bit-jump-out missions. Yes, they're the best way to develop the plot from the pilot's perspective, but they do get a bit tedious eventually.

Yeah, I wasn't very happy with them either (especially E4M1). I would have much preferred doing more of the plot development visually rather than vocally. I might go back at some point and redo the bulk of Episode 4 to make it less tiresome.

Offline Kie99

Knossos Theory:

Spoiler:

Maybe Sync doesn't alter time but the Knossos does, after all noone had ever travelled into a system not using a knossos and then exitted through a knossos.
Oh and by the way you only need a knossos one one side of a node, there was no Knossos in the Gamma Drac nebula and there was none in "Into the Lion's Den"  Also a Sol Gate wouldn't work if you needed a knossos on both sides.  I say this because in the mission before you encounter the NTF you leave the nebula through a knossos.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Um, there was a Knossos in the nebula - the Psamtik was destroyed investigating it.

Ransom: I don't think you need to do that - it's well within reasonable limits. Just don't do so much of it in your next campaign. :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 09:58:40 am by 853 »
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by pyro-manic
Um, there was a Knossos in the nebula - the Psamtik was destroyed investigating it.

Ransom: I don't think you need to do that - it's well within reasonable limits. Just don't do so much of it in your next campaign. :)

I meant the Knossos to Gamma Draconis, the knossos you mentioned is the one to that Shivan system.

Offline Culando

I can't play this camp at all. I try loading the first mission, and not even a second after it starts loading, it crashes to the desktop. -_-

Yes, I'm using a brand new pilot. Also I'm using FSO 3.6.5 with the ZPack. No special builds. I want to play this, but can't if it keeps freaking crashing.
The boy who cried project.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Have you tried removing the ZPack? Are you using the -mod commandline?

After i moved the mv_music and mv_aseffects i don't have a problem anymore.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Culando

Yes, I did use the -mod command line. I'll try removing the ZPack later tonight when I have time to play. I'll just get the individual packs, and not use mv_music and mv_aseffects like Deepstar tried. I'll edit this post later after I try it.

Sorry if my last post seemed angered. I've been having tons of comp problems as of late, and games crashing pushes my buttons. XP;

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No need to download all the media.vp files again. Either extract the music table from Root_fs2.vp or download it from here and stick it in Data\Tables.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Culando

Huzzah! It's working now! Thanks Karajorma. That music table did the trick.

Dang this camp is addicting. o_o After I got it working, I couldn't stop playing it. I started at about 11:30 this morning, and was playing it through my lunch. Only thing that stopped me (besides the fact that I'm leaving for work right after this post) was a damn Viewpoint update  popup or something that screwed up the game. XP

I can't wait to play more of this later tonight!

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I know I'm really late, but I got this campaign yesterday and just completed it.
It must say, it's great!

The real-time stuff was so cool, the way you implimented the story was brilliant, and what a great story it was. At points I really felt for the characters and was worried for them, and that is really hard to do.

Spoiler:
That bit where you get thrown into the debris field and have to leave your friend behind, when going into the node and emerging into the nebula, I felt like I was truely alone and breathed a sigh of relif when a couple of friendlies showed up. Not many games will get a reaction like that from me.

Yes, it left a lot of things unanswered, but I like that, you people act as if you've never played Freespace. ;)

The missions were pretty easy, the most times I died were from rogue beams or bomb shockwaves. But you know, that's okay because in my opinion the campaign was driven by it's story and it delivered.

The ending, if that was it I would be really angry about the sudden ending, but I'm not, it's okay because we know there are two more parts. But you just better damn deliver because I can not wait. Hehehe...

So all in all, massive thumbs up. It's competing with Derelict for my fave campaign right now.

Offline Kie99

Has work on Sync 2 Started yet?

Best four hours I ever spent playing Fs2. Thanks, Ransom Arceihn.

The only bug was thus, in one mission, I was turned into a Perseus armed with tempests and two Kaysers, whereas in the next and previous missions I was a Herc. Freaky.

Thanks for making my day, dude. It was going pretty crappy before this. :yes:

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Glad you liked it :) Weird bug - I'll have to check that out.

Oh and kie, missed your post. Nah, the next chapter of Sync is still in planning stages at the moment.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Hmm, will have to download this and test it out when I get FS2 running properly without crashing... :)