Author Topic: Voice problems  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Zydoran

Hello, I am trying to get the conversion to work, and at first I ran into some problems with my ship not having any weapons, but somehow I managed to fix that, but at that time, my in game voices were working fine. Now however, I have briefing voices, but I do not hear any voices for lines said by my fellow pilots in missions. I have tried reinstalling the game twice and putting the mod files in my freespace directory again, but I can't get my voices to work. What is funny is that I can't seem to reproduce my problems with having no weapons, to see if I can get voices that way.

My game is patched to 1.2 and I have tried creating numerous new pilot accounts as well, but nothing works, any ideas?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I assume you're using retail FS2; people get their copies from a variety of sources, so I hope you don't mind me asking where you found yours.
From the reinstalls and new pilots it looks like you're not using any other mods, either, which is good. I'm really not sure why it's not working. Could you double-check that you don't have anything in your fs2 Data directory besides your pilot files, and list the .VP files in your main directory?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Zydoran

Thanks for the reply :>

Yeah, I am using retail FS2, I don't know where it's from exactly, but I assume it is a UK copy if the versions between regions are different. I bought it at an Icelandic retailer a few days after it was released years ago.
(Yeah, that's where I live.)

On the bright side, I somehow managed to get it working, but not until I had reinstalled it after giving up for a few days.
No idea what it was either, worked instantly too a few days later, anyway, thanks a ton for the fun mod :>