Author Topic: I need help getitng FS1 port to work on my FS2 open  (Read 2978 times)

Offline NickM

I need help getitng FS1 port to work on my FS2 open
Guys:

Well the lead line says it all; I have FS2 open version 3-6-9 & I am having trouble getting the fs1 port to actually work; I have downloaded it & unzipped it into an appropriately named mod folder but when I go to the launcher & 'launch' it, I get a big blank black GUI with nothing to click on;
I need someone to walk me through it if you can;

Thank you, ahead of time

NickM

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: I need help getitng FS1 port to work on my FS2 open
How'd you install FreeSpace Open? Manually?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline NickM

I reckon I did...? I downloaded the sucker & zipped it into Freespace2 retail; OTHER mods ARE working---but there are problems from time to time;

NickM

Offline miskat

You set the MOD folder in the Launcher to your aptly named FSPort folder, right?

For that matter, you also have a secondary mod set up to look into the mediavp folder after the fsport folder?

You should use a mod.ini if you don't have one (I know that was my main issue at first, since the fsport rar file doesn't come with one.  You can find all you need to know about those on Karajorma's FAQ site http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/intro.html

Offline NickM

Miskat:

Is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to use a mod.ini? IF yes is a mod.ini SPECIFIC to FS1?

NickM

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You don't need a Mod.ini, its just to make it look better.

Offline cloneof

I have problem my self to get FS port to work. When I installed FS2 open I choose from it`s list to automaticly install FS port, but when I opened FS2 open there was nothing in the campaign list, only the main campaign... (I must say i`m kind of helpless on FS2 "Under the skin" becouse I first heard this game about two weeks ago...

I writed down the " [launcher]
modname      = Freespace 1 v3.03;
image255x112 = portv3.bmp;
infotext     = Freespace 1 Era Campaign. This is a brand spanking new version of the Freespace Port that has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide you with the best possible Freespace 1 experience. We've abandoned the attempt to keep the Port compatible with the main Freespace 2 campaign (considering the now-common use of the -mod feature and the fact that several ship stats changed between FS1 and FS2) and turned it into its own separate mod.  We've re-imported the original tables and missions from FS1 with the absolute minimum changes necessary to get them working in FS2.  It's just about as close as you can get to playing FS1 without actually playing FS1. ;
website      = http://fsport.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,39.0.html;" in the folders mod.ini file, but it both versions (the original FS2 and FS2 open) don`t want to see it...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 02:32:40 pm by cloneof »

Offline NickM

Guess what guys? I downloaded a NEW launcher and the mods work OK--more or less; I'll write again if I have any problems;

NickM

Offline cloneof

Guess what guys? I downloaded a NEW launcher and the mods work OK--more or less; I'll write again if I have any problems;

NickM
Launcher.exe... I didn`t even see that file... It is working! THANKS!