Author Topic: Freespace Port 3.0.4 Released!  (Read 49042 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Freespace Port 3.0.4 Released!
Well, the only reason you're seeing HTL for Orion default, Bastion, and Galatea, is because someone made HTL versions with the proper nameplate textures in the media VPs, and you're using them behind the port VPs.  Since the Port is designed to support retail by default, it doesn't actually include any HTL ships, but you should be seeing those from any SCP MediaVPs you may be using, as indicated.  The only one you won't see is the HTL Lucifer, unless you have it placed in the Port/data/models folder.  I believe (though not on any confirmed or suggested info.) that Goob will introduce an optional upgrade with 3.1, which will either include HTL versions of the Terran destroyers with proper nameplates, or a special SCP-enhanced mission pack with texture replacement instances, placing nameplates on default HTL Orions, as well as perhaps Lightspeed's backgrounds.  Other HTL models or cockpitted models from INF:A may also fit into an optional HTL VP file, but for now hacking them in can do the trick.  I've done it myself.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

its all cool.  just asking.   :D

If I explicitly follow the instructions in readme-patch.txt to update from 3.03 to 3.04, I end up with both a fsport3_0_3.vp and a fsport3_0_4.vp file in my fsport directory. Is this correct, or should I delete the former?

Hmm, just saw THIS, which indicates I should.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:08:57 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If I explicitly follow the instructions in readme-patch.txt to update from 3.03 to 3.04, I end up with both a fsport3_0_3.vp and a fsport3_0_4.vp file in my fsport directory. Is this correct, or should I delete the former?
Hmm.  I guess you're right; if you follow the instructions to the letter, you end up with a copy. :)

Yes, you're supposed to delete the old file if the patch is successful.  I only specified copying because I didn't want anybody to lose their Port installation if the patch program corrupted the file.

Thanks very much, sir.

The entire ShivanSPS fsport 3.0.4 install.
Download from Hunter's fs2downloads, 470MB 7zipped down to 227MB

MOVIES:
NEW! Running movies from a VP file! You can use Hunter's FS1 Cutscene Pack VP. Put it in your "C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Fs1_port_3" folder.

-OR-

Put the 10 FS1 cutscenes (from Megaupload) in your "C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Fs1_port_3\data\movies" folder.

NOTE:
If you have a really old, slow computer, you may consider using the mve format cutscenes instead of the ogg's.
Download the FS1 mve format cutscenes from here, or get the fs1 mve files from filefront.

Can it get any easier? I think not!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 01:38:02 am by Huggybaby »

Offline aRaven

thx huggybaby!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Those HTL ships would be ripped from the INF:A VPs, right?  You missed out on the Centaur support ship.

Thanks for the info.

Everything was from the ShivanSPS install. Please give me a link and I'll update everything. I'd find it but with my luck I'd grab the wrong one.

Thanks.

Huggybaby

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Centaur can be found at post #116 in THIS thread.

Awesome, I'll get on it.

Offline ShivanSpS

Those HTL ships would be ripped from the INF:A VPs, right?  You missed out on the Centaur support ship.

No, well, this.... INF:A is becoming to me very confusing to me, their have new HTL models of already HTL maded ships, like the Apollo, and also they didt need anything in MediaVps, anyway, anything  in the port folder in my pack will be of Goobler and the people who make the HTL models of FS1 ships, there will be no any INF:A stuff, if someone wants to play which INF:A stuff their just need to add a name to the mod.ini.

The Centaur can be found at post #116 in THIS thread.
I only see 87 posts in that thread... :confused:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Apologies.  I meant to link THIS one.

Got it. Thanks!

Offline ShivanSpS

Goobler, you should also think about incluing the modified fs2 retail camping file in 3.1, just to keep mistakes at minum as posible.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Goob, there's a bug in tango_fs1.vp.  The animation cb_galatea.ani is corrupt somehow and switches to a full pink display at about frame 412.  You can also see some split and reverse color image of the GTA crest after the pink, but before the end of the ANI.  The original ANI didn't have the crest.  I found a working version of the ani from an older Port install, (2.3 I think) and it works fine, and in fact doesn't have the crest I mentioned, and also is only 499 frames long, versus the 500 of the corrupt version.  Now sure it that means much.

heya, i dl the new 3.0.4. and i'm playing the silent threat, and i ran into a huge problem when the GTD Krios is destory. i can't see anything.   i look at my wingmens.  there all dead including me.  so i couldn't do anything.  any suggestions????

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
heya, i dl the new 3.0.4. and i'm playing the silent threat, and i ran into a huge problem when the GTD Krios is destory. i can't see anything.   i look at my wingmens.  there all dead including me.  so i couldn't do anything.  any suggestions????
I feel sorry for you.

Not only did you not bother with spelling or grammar, you posted this in Goober5000's home subforum!
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Goobler, you should also think about incluing the modified fs2 retail camping file in 3.1, just to keep mistakes at minum as posible.

Goobler? :p