Author Topic: Briefing animations  (Read 1742 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I tried doing some searching on this but it just brings up way too many hits to dig through it all.  I'll start by saying that I never played FS1 so I don't know if this is a problem or not.  I got bored and installed everything last night.  Did the first 3 training missions (talk about boring) and got to the briefing for the next mission.  Problem is the animation for the system or whatever is going on there is tiny.  On a 27" screen I would say it's about 3"x5" or so and takes up maybe 1/3 of the space that looks like it should fit in.  Now maybe this is how it's supposed to be but if not is there a way to get it to fill in the area where it looks like it should go?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well for one thing, the command briefing animations were taken directly from FS1, and were meant to be displayed on a 640x480 resolution. Plus, if you play FS1, the command briefing interface is different, and the "window" is smaller and up in the upper right corner.

There are two options, resize the animations, which will take a VERY long time, or rewrite the interface to look like FS1. I tried just slapping in the interface files, didn't work. I think it has something to do with the code.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:49:14 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Thanks.  I'll just ignore that and get on with playing the game then. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline CaptJosh

I tried playing with getting the FS1 interface in once myself. I think it might be a table issue, IIRC. I know it was for the mainhalls. I didn't know enough then to do it right though. I still don't know enough now. The fact that the current version of FSPort has the Mainhalls is just wonderful to me.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.