Author Topic: "End Of Earth" - anyone persured this storyline yet?  (Read 8416 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"End Of Earth" - anyone persured this storyline yet?
Working title is "The End of Earth"...
kinda campaign description:

It is 2335 and the Shivans are winning the Great War. The SD Tanatalus has destroyed the GTD Bastion before it could jump to Delta Serpentis. The PVD Pinnalce is trying to intercept the SD Lucifer in time but all odds are against the Vasudans.
You are pilot aboard the GTD Yamato - 1st GTA Fleet, Sol - and it is your job to fight the last fight above the home of humanity.

The Shivans cannot be stopped but can humanity be saved?

If no one has been working on an idea like this I'll do while I wait for the Stealth improvment I guess I'll need for "Operation Home Visit"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:14:12 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: anyone persured this storyline yet?
Not htat I know of.

Sounds....iiiiiinteresting ;7
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
0.o, alternate history.

Alpha 1 has failed? Impossible!

Now, the question is, how do we defeat the invincible Lucifer?

Well, if you set it an actual value for shields, then the only problem is stripping them, then bombing quickly.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'd guess Lucifer has lost most of it's fighter complement in all the previous battles..its not like he has a base t oressuply..So it would be mostly jsut the Lucy against the whole Terran 1st Fleet - the elite..

I'd guess 2-3 destroyers, a dozen cruisers and a ****load of fighters & bombers.. If anything can overload the shield, it's numberical superiority...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And the Vasudan ultra elite trying to save Vasuda Prime couldn't overload the shield? :rolleyes:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Vasudans didn't have Harbringers at that time....and maby ther's more Terran defenders? Who knows, maby the vasudans were close to overloading it? Heehehe

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Vasudans "tried four different types of missiles" according to the FSRefBible.

My personal theory about beams piercing 'sheath' shields is that the sheath shield is basically an extremely strong shield that regenerates extremely quickly, and only a constant barrage of fire can pierce this shield. The damage needed is probably many, many Harbinger bombs exploding on the Lucifer all at once for about a minute constantly without break. Even a pause for a second or two will allow the shield to recharge to half or even full strength. All damage must be constant, with damage being delivered every split second.

The only way this could be done in the FS universe devised is the use of beam weapons. Beam weapons deliver a whole load of damage constantly for as long as the beam is fired at the targeted ship (in this case a Lucifer class destroyer). The beam will be able to pierce the shield after only a few seconds on the shield. Because the beam is always firing upon the shield, the Lucifer does not have enough time to recharge its shield. Thus, the beam will burst through, vomiting all its plasma on the Lucifer.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*SNIP*

Yes, I heard that theory of yours before. Nice one.

Alltough I remeber ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in FS - neither in briefs, debriefs, or ani ani's about vasudans trying 4 types of missiles.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I like the idea. I don't like the name "Yamato"...use "Roma" or something like that.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Use nukes on it ! Nuke the bastard !  :drevil:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
USE THe SCHWARTZ! :eek:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I like the idea. I don't like the name "Yamato"...use "Roma" or something like that.

the names of the destroyers are not fleshed out yet ... currently it is "Yamato" and "Gaia"
but I might change than sometime

---------------------------------------------------

Now, the question is, how do we defeat the invincible Lucifer?

you should now my response:

The Shivans cannot be stopped but can humanity be saved?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Alltough I remeber ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in FS - neither in briefs, debriefs, or ani ani's about vasudans trying 4 types of missiles.

That's in the FSRefBible. Semi-canon perhaps.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Re: "End Of Earth" - anyone persured this storyline yet?
Ah, but of course. The lucifer is invincible, with beams, and can we save Earth?

The answer, clearly, is no. Therefore, we call the rest of the GTA as being humanity, and screw the earthlings  :D

Ok, maybe not. Plenty of ways to try and "save" the humans, but they aren't easy. Particularly since leaving the system is supposed to be impossible.

Waiit. If the Lucy didn't explode, the node isn't down, so that would be interesting.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Prolly a suicide run.

ALL SHIPS, RAM THE LUCIFER!

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Pack 'em tight with explosives beforehand too.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ramming speed!

Slaves, all in rythim now!
*dum, dum, dum, dum, dum*

YA...GTVA is broke..Destroyers are now propelled by roweres...

How, exactly, do oars work in a vaccuum?

My personal preference for slave-use in space travel is to hook their mouths up to airlocks around the ship, and let the evacuation of their lungs act as the basis for a ship's propulsion.

What?  It's a perfectly reasonable topic to have thoroughly thought out!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How, exactly, do oars work in a vaccuum?

Don't ask stupid question - ships are sailing trough the sea of the stars! Waht do you think pirates are doin in FS? Or the Violition Bravos for that matter!

AAAArr Ye matey! Raise the Jolly Roger ye swabs!

Don't ask stupid question - ships are sailing trough the sea of the stars! Waht do you think pirates are doin in FS? Or the Violition Bravos for that matter!

ever heard of Solar Sails?