Author Topic: Help Please: How to Change FSPort Hud and Sounds to Freespace 2 Defaults?  (Read 1856 times)

Help Please: How to Change FSPort Hud and Sounds to Freespace 2 Defaults?
Hi everyone,

First off, I just want to say that I utterly and completely admire the work that's being done by all of you folks.  I stumbled upon this forum and all of its associated content a little while ago, and I all I can say is that it is wonderful to see such a great series of games kept alive (improving in fact) by a dedicated community.  Way to go!

So, onto the question(s).  I just got FSPort 3.1 up and running, utilizing the newest MediaVPs and whatnot.  It looks pretty  :yes:

Now, I had what I believe was 3.0.4, which is now replaced.  When I played that previous version, as far as I can recall the sounds were the Freespace 2 defaults (by sounds I mean the explosion noises, hostile missile lock- those types of things).  It may just be me, but I feel like the sounds got set back to the Descent: Freespace ones.  Is there any way to put these back to how they were, Freespace 2 sounds?

Secondly, and less importantly, the HUD.  I know it's not my mind playing tricks on me when I see that it has changed back to the Descent: Freespace style.  As much as I enjoy the nostalgia, is there a way to reset it to the Freespace 2 default? 

Sorry if these were vague or too roundabout.  I'm not great at being concise.  Thanks in advance everyone  :D 

*Edit* Changed topic title to reflect that this is a question rather than an FAQ or something informative.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:57:21 pm by Gnarboots333 »
I wish that the Colussus could have done a barrel roll...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: How to Change FSPort Hud and Sounds to Freespace 2 Defaults
:welcome:

Thanks for your comments. :)  We're glad to have you on the forum.

The purpose of the Port is to recreate the FS1 experience as closely as possible.  Consequently, we added the FS1 sounds and HUD intentionally, and we will not be changing them back to the FS2 sounds and HUD.

The FS1 HUD is a FSO 3.6.10-only feature, so if you play the Port on 3.6.9, you'll have the old FS2 HUD.  However, there is no easy way to restore the FS2 sounds.

You always have the option of going back to 3.0.4, of course.

Re: Help Please: How to Change FSPort Hud and Sounds to Freespace 2 Defaults?
Alright, thanks so much for the prompt reply.

No problem, I will stick with the HUD and sounds.  Once again, it's impressive that you have managed to replicate such an old game and even improve upon it!

Mods, close this topic if you wish.  My question has been answered.
I wish that the Colussus could have done a barrel roll...