Author Topic: Version 1.0 Released  (Read 8284 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
:nervous:

Alikchi starts converting some Silent Threat missions..

Which reminds me. If anyone else would like to convert a ST mission or two, it'd be VERY much appreciated. I'm pretty busy (a few more avatars and I'll be even with Darkage) and I've only done two or three.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2002, 03:01:59 pm by 223 »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
:lol:
And when's v 1.6 coming out? :p

1.6 was internal. The anims in the ZIP is a patch to 1.6; 1.7 has enough stuff to be released, but I'm working on the mission bugs before packing it up.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

I used to have a modified version I made of the port with the normal Prometheus. Then I accidentally overwrote it with v. 1.5....
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Which reminds me. If anyone else would like to convert a ST mission or two, it'd be VERY much appreciated. I'm pretty busy (a few more avatars and I'll be even with Darkage) and I've
only done two or three.

I've got a copy of the mission where there has just been a Shivan attack in Ikeya and you've got to project a science cruiser for a length of time until it repairs it jump drives. Its about the 4th or 5th mission in. You can have that if you wish. Should you wish it, e-mail me at [email protected]
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Alikchi
:nervous:

Alikchi starts converting some Silent Threat missions..

Which reminds me. If anyone else would like to convert a ST mission or two, it'd be VERY much appreciated. I'm pretty busy (a few more avatars and I'll be even with Darkage) and I've only done two or three.

Maby i shoudl ask my avatars back?:p
Since i am doing stuff for BWO i have more ( whit my old avatars ) but since i don't have my old avatars and BWO isn't hosted here you are still ahead of me:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey GE how is the silent threat conversion coming along?

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
It isn't..I mean, GE is busy, and so am I, with NTV. You know? Like I said earlier in the thread, help would be good.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
your wish is my command Aikchi :) lol

ummm, my skills:

[combine any of the following in column "A" with any of the following in column "B"]

A
[.TBL, Flash, Website, FRED]

B
[creation, editing, designing]

or anything else needed :)

Stealth

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
AHHH!!!!!! It's the Thread That Never Dies!!!!!

Explanation: I replied to this thread sometime back in the annals of history, and every 2 months or so, it seems like someone replies, and I get another email about it. It's quite amusing, actually. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah, but that's because after 2 years it's still in the first page of the 'thread listing' of the foruM :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
2 years? Nahh, v. 1.5 was released in March. It's still the latest version, though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
so, uh... GalacticEmperor... what about my application?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Stealth
so, uh... GalacticEmperor... what about my application?

:wtf: Look at who's listed as moderators for this forum.... :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
:eek2: Update!!!

Oh, and I can't get my FS1 DVD-ROM to work. It says "FS.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Where would I find this error log?

P.S. I'm running Windows 2000 pro.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I get that every now and then... shutting down Windows and then restarting usually does the trick, though; although once I had to reinstall FS1 - not sure why, maybe the EXE got corrupted...

The error log I believe is found at C:\Games\FreeSpace\errorlog.txt

Is there ani Oportynity that the FreeSpace Port will use the engaced features of the Open Source .EXE??
--- none ---

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
we're not sure yet.

(at least i don't think)

i think the general plan was to finish the Silent Threat missions (Knight Templar is working on them right now) and then enhance the missions (completely change the ST missions) and then after that i'm not sure what we'll do

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
~ Silent Threat Reborn ~

I'm assuming we will be starting as soon as I complete the PORTation of ST.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
right.

how are you coming with those missions by the way Knight Templar?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
3 more to finish.. 2 or 3 to touch up.  In the "For Developers" thread, which ones need to be touched up?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read