Author Topic: Add support for attachments in PMs?  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Add support for attachments in PMs?
This capability doesn't come standard with SMF, but there is a mod available to add it:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1974

Is this a feature that members would be interested in?

Offline Lorric

Re: Add support for attachments in PMs?
Sure, why not? In the past I've got around it by attaching stuff to some random really old post and linking to it. Easy enough, but would save a little time skipping those two steps.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, the inability to attach files has annoyed me several times. I'm definitely for it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

This quickly got buried in my to-do list, but I installed the mod today and checked it out.  Attachments should now be enabled for all regular users.

Note: the usual restrictions still apply.  There is a size limit per attachment, there is a limit to the total number of attachments stored on the server, and there will be periodic deletions of attachments to free up file space.  So be careful to download and save any attachments you want to keep.

Are there any possibilities of "exceptions" for certain forum users (like mods)?
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

I think that has been brought up before AFAIK it would be difficult/impossible to make.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]