Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3028291 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over <number goes here> (posts)
No, they took his guns away because they (for whatever reason) had reason to suspect that he was or is an acute danger to himself and others.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
No, they took his guns away because they (for whatever reason) had reason to suspect that he was or is an acute danger to himself and others.

And the police can unilaterally can do that without proving that he is a danger to himself and/or others in a court of law?

That sounds as though it can be easily abused by the police.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I am not familiar enough with Canadian law in order to answer that. In any case, I would ask you to take this discussion to PMs or make a new thread, no need clutter up WHIYL even more.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

And the police can unilaterally can do that without proving that he is a danger to himself and/or others in a court of law?

That sounds as though it can be easily abused by the police.

Although I am not an expert on canadian law, usually the police needs a search warrant - the whole court of law thing has probably already happened.

Went to the zoo today along with some other autistic people. Was not fun. Hoped that it would have been, was quite a bummer.
On the way back I had  a great chat with a stoned marocan, and an Australian tourist (not simultaniosly)

Also, I forgot to mention this, but SPELUNKING IS AWESOME. I was in the ardennes last week, had lots of fun.
There's also this nice woman I met there, hope to meet her again soon this holiday (she is part of the same "instutition" I am), and if that doesn't work, just ask her for a date the old fashioned way (which I am going to do regardless, but still).

And also also forgot to mention this: BG:EE has resorted it's legal difficulties and now is back for sale and has swinged back into full production. Yeaaah.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:59:20 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Lorric

SPELUNKING
What a strange name for it, I had to look that up. I once went caving. It was quite wondrous. Also a bit scary at times.

It's called Speleology in belgium, actually. I used spelunking since that's the excuse Bruce Wayne gives for needing bulletproof vests.

Indeed, it's a bit scary, but amazingly wonderfull (Especially if you are lying in a cave waiting for someone who is afraid of heights to get up whilst having your arms wrapped arou... ahum). I always liked geology - to experience a part of it in it's most raw form is amazing.
It's also a bit of of a puzzle, in a much better way then say... wall climbing is.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
WHIYL: Catcher in the GenDisc
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Lorric

It's called Speleology in belgium, actually. I used spelunking since that's the excuse Bruce Wayne gives for needing bulletproof vests.
Oh, so that's where it comes from.
Indeed, it's a bit scary, but amazingly wonderfull (Especially if you are lying in a cave waiting for someone who is afraid of heights to get up whilst having your arms wrapped arou... ahum).
Uh... just what were you doing down there?!  :lol:
I always liked geology - to experience a part of it in it's most raw form is amazing.
It's also a bit of of a puzzle, in a much better way then say... wall climbing is.
There wasn't anything extreme about the trip I went on, but there were still some pretty narrow spaces to squeeze through. We also had to wade through some cold water, and I remember one guy shouting "Argh! My balls!" Funny. I was juuuuuust tall enough to avoid this, I mean down to the millimeter. The stalactites and stalacmite formations were extremely beautiful with water glistening off them as well. We also all ended up turning off our helmet lights to experience the total darkness. But there was something wondrous about the whole experience.

Catcher in the GenDisc
What does this mean?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
WHIYL: Catcher in the GenDisc

I thought I'd be one of those deaf-nonsense posters.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

There wasn't anything extreme about the trip I went on, but there were still some pretty narrow spaces to squeeze through. We also had to wade through some cold water, and I remember one guy shouting "Argh! My balls!" Funny. I was juuuuuust tall enough to avoid this, I mean down to the millimeter. The stalactites and stalacmite formations were extremely beautiful with water glistening off them as well. We also all ended up turning off our helmet lights to experience the total darkness. But there was something wondrous about the whole experience.

Pretty much my experience. It's the ideal mix between adventure and aesthatics, and quite tense, but not crippingly so (we had to slide down for 3 meters which was quite exciting to say the least).

Uh... just what were you doing down there?!

Well, it was rather dark, there was a very friendly woman, and eventually she lied down on my torso (After we had some nice chats), which was rather ... interesting.

Also, just ahad a big phone talk with my brother, who was feeling rather down. Now he feels a lot better, and so do I. Alrighty! Back to tuning my Porsche 914/6 GT in NFS: Shift 2 (which is a very fun racing game).

Offline Lorric

Pretty much my experience. It's the ideal mix between adventure and aesthatics, and quite tense, but not crippingly so (we had to slide down for 3 meters which was quite exciting to say the least).

Ah, I wish I could remember it better, but it's still bringing back memories. The ideal mix between adventure and aethetics, I like that a lot, a very apt description. Sounds like a pretty good marketing slogan to me!  :D

Well, it was rather dark, there was a very friendly woman, and eventually she lied down on my torso (After we had some nice chats), which was rather ... interesting.

Well, lucky you I guess...  :)

No such shenanigans on my trip, at least as far as I know, though there were a couple of nice girls who were friendly with me. But not that sort of friendly!

Had a brain fart that made me think that all the text on HLP had been magically cursed to become Comic Sans.

Then I blinked and felt a sense of relief I can only call "rapturous."

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I've been told that I give the best oral sex
Considering how forward this person is, I'm inclined to say she's not bull****ting

Inclined, key word. I guess knowing **** all works to your advantage?
"No"

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
A-and I fail. Apparently Six Flags is only open on weekends as of about 5 days ago. I probably should have checked their website first,  but I didn't think they would be closed on a Friday in August.

Oh well, we just went back to Emily's house and she invited me to spend the night. We're going to try again for next Saturday.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
finally went to a doctor to check my ear out that's been hurting off and on for a couple months.  of course, i do this on an "off" day and they can't find anything wrong.  except what they say is a lot of wax but didn't really seem like that much to me.  the doc proceeded to dig it out with what must have been one of those dentist pick things.  felt like she was stabbing my ear drum.  now my OTHER ear hurts and hasn't stopped bleeding yet.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
finally went to a doctor to check my ear out that's been hurting off and on for a couple months.  of course, i do this on an "off" day and they can't find anything wrong.  except what they say is a lot of wax but didn't really seem like that much to me.  the doc proceeded to dig it out with what must have been one of those dentist pick things.  felt like she was stabbing my ear drum.  now my OTHER ear hurts and hasn't stopped bleeding yet.

Did your other ear start bleeding after you visited the doctor? If so, you may want to consider visiting an urgent care center (or emergency room) or the equivalent in your country. I'm not a doctor, but if your ear is bleeding, I'm pretty sure that means something is seriously wrong.

Offline Lorric

Eek! I once had the wax cleaned out of my ears as a kid, but they used jets of warm water to do the job. It sounds so backward and medieval what they did to you, and they say don't even put those cotton-tipped stick-things in your ear, and the doc is digging around with one of those...

Gotta go with Nakura on this one. You are bleeding from an orifice that was not designed to do that. I would go to the ER just to be safe.

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Yeah, that sounds bad. You should probably get some medical attention.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
I've been told that I give the best oral sex
Considering how forward this person is, I'm inclined to say she's not bull****ting

Inclined, key word. I guess knowing **** all works to your advantage?

decided to pull a john snow after all? its always a major confidence booster when you manage to make a sex addicted whore scream so loud they can hear her from 4 apartments over. all of the sudden 3 women who would have never given me a moments notice wanted to be my friend. i ended up having sex with 2 of them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:27:37 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN