Author Topic: Blue Planet: The Battle Captains (Fan Campaign)  (Read 86138 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Blue Planet: The Battle Captains (Fan Campaign)
This bug is usually caused when the 3.6.12 MediaVPs are not installed correctly.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks in advance for looking into it. When I tried it this time it just crashed when I pressed OK to break into the debugger.

The log is attached

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You are missing the MV_root file. Get it here: http://mvp.fsmods.net/3612/MV_Root_3612.zip
You will also need the patch file for it: http://mvp.fsmods.net/3612/MV_Root_Update.zip
Download, unzip, and place the .vp files in the mediavps_3612 directory.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

YEs it works perfectly now, many thanks!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Also, you should use this binary: fs2_open_3_7_2_RC1_SSE, the other one won't work correctly.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I have a bug where after killing two Ravanas nothing happens after that.
Also, after loading from checkpoints, the fighter/bomber wings get completely replenished.

Applying patch 1.2 now.

hmm on the aegis mission getting this error" (no time to bleed worked fine for me)  Any suggestions

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( and
   ( is-event-true-delay
      "Cutscene5 - Warp, Fade Out"
   )
   ( not ( player-is-cheating ) )
)
(Error appears to be: player-is-cheating)
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_19_SSE2_BP.exe! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
hmm on the aegis mission getting this error" (no time to bleed worked fine for me)  Any suggestions

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( and
   ( is-event-true-delay
      "Cutscene5 - Warp, Fade Out"
   )
   ( not ( player-is-cheating ) )
)
(Error appears to be: player-is-cheating)
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

You need a recent build, with the BP compatibility stuff, because it uses a fairly new SEXP.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline CT27

Can you tell us what kind of ship we'll be flying for Steele's mission? :D

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Can you tell us what kind of ship we'll be flying for Steele's mission? :D

GTF Erinyes. If you read the intel entries, Steele was a fighter pilot back when he flew his mission.

-----------------------------------

Because of various reasons, I probably won't be releasing the next Battle Captains missions for a while.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Um... Can has more cap ship mission...? ._.

Btw i love thease kind of missions... ever since i picked up Freespace 2 years ago i'v been crying myself to sleep wishing that something like this would come out... Now that a few missions are out i want moar! MOAR I SAY MOAR!

Anyway nice work with the mission i got my ass kicked a few times... but 1 small issue i noticed was that even though the bombers start to attack the ravana they dont seem to care about the beam turrets... so here's a question.. when i order the wings to attack the ravana should i just order them to destroy my target or disarm it? Which of the commands breaks the bombers? XD

Like you prolly noticed i love cap ship missions and you've done a damn good job to make me want even more! XD

Edit: Btw it prolly sounded like i started demanding you to do this and that but i didnt mean it that way even though it probably sounds like that... I'm just hoping / praying that you could make more thease kind of missions. :3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:19:51 am by Finlander »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I assume you've played 'No Time to Bleed' (Lepanto's first), 'The Blade Itself', and 'One Future'?

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

I'm afraid I won't be doing more Battle Captains for a while, because  I have a ton of other stuff to work on first.

The bombers not disarming turrets is a known coding bug. For now, just work around it, I guess;  there's an event that automaticallly orders any bombers attacking most capships to disarm their turrets, so different orders won't work.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Your sig will cause enormous migraines and irrepressible urges to correct and educate for anyone with training in math, philosophy, or formal logic  :(

Offline Luis Dias

nothing is true everything is permitted

I assume you've played 'No Time to Bleed' (Lepanto's first), 'The Blade Itself', and 'One Future'?

if that question was pointed at me then yes for "No time to Bleed" and "The Blade Itself", but i havent heard anything about "One Future". So uh... What is it? XD

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's a mission in BP2's Act 3 that puts you in command of a Custos-X patrol cruiser.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Let's have THAT debate at another place and time.

It's a mission in BP2's Act 3 that puts you in command of a Custos-X patrol cruiser.

In that case yes i have... but thease are just single missions... Even the No Time to Bleed mission felt way too short. I enjoyed the chance to play with a deimos class corvette 110% but it felt like the mission was over in a flash. Oh and you seriously need to do something about the damn nebula. XD One other thing i noticed is that supposedly i'm constantly colliding with something in the Lopez mission. The damn warning is screaming 24/7 "COLLISION! COLLISION! YOU'RE HITTING SOMETHING IDIOT COLLISION!"..... Wait... i'm actually smashing the carthage into my own fighters? XD

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Yeah, you're just hitting your own strikecraft wings. They orbit rather close to the Carthage, because I changed the model's radius so as to zoom the camera out to a better distance.