Author Topic: what happens at the end?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline shwiing

what happens at the end?
i dont understand, i havend done anything wrong, i havent used any cheats etc, i get the the subspace node engage my drive, heart pounding, and i am suddenly transported to the main menu again, so i tried again , and again, and again, and i spose it wont let me complete it, so what does happen at the end then??

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: what happens at the end?
You're either playing retail without access to the MVE cutscenes (noCD patch or HotU) or FS2_Open without access to the avi cutscenes.

Go to the cutscene section of my FAQ and you can download the avi versions. The ones you need to play are endpart1.avi and endprt2a.avi (which may be renamed from endpart2a.avi if you want it to work in FS2_Open)

If you're on dial-up and can't download the avi and don't have access to the retail MVE files we'll tell you what happened but there's no point in spoiling it for you if you can see for yourself.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline shwiing

ah ha, thank you.. well it turns out i am using a no-CD patch, long story short a "freind" of mine has my version, so i had to no cd patch it to get it to work, cheers mate! :yes:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That probably means you aren't using the SCP. You might want to have a look at the SCP forum. Better put a drool cover over your keyboard though.

youll like SCP (FS2_Open) if your a single player person. If your interested in multi, you dont have much of an option on graphics if you wish to play on valid hosts. The media vp's have invalid tables in them so you wont be able to play multi with the increadable graphics. So if you play multiplayer, since you wont be using the high graphics, i recommend toms build, its more stable for multiplayer then scp.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You will be able to play. You just won't be able to save your stats (nor will anyone you play with).

There are quite a few of us who care more about nice graphics than stats :)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
ah ha, thank you.. well it turns out i am using a no-CD patch, long story short a "freind" of mine has my version, so i had to no cd patch it to get it to work, cheers mate! :yes:
The ending WILL kill you.  I don't mean the game kills your character...I mean you will collapse onto the ground in an uncontrollable spasm after you finish the game.  It hurts that much.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Why, because of the never-to-be-resolved cliff-hanger?