Author Topic: What hasn't been done?  (Read 8663 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Re: What hasn't been done?
Perhaps... :doubt:

FreeSpace uses energy weapons for primaries, but not weapons of mass, like a chaingun-esque weapon. The closest thing to that is the Mekhu HL-7, but it's still an energy weapon by definition.

You mean the Maxim. The Mehku is an energy weapon through and through. At least the Maxim shoots...solid stuff.
Also, TVWP Demo has limited-ammo machineguns. So it's been done.

Also talk to Nuke about chainguns/machine guns in FS.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
The ability to fly ships other than bombers/fighters. Which are basically the same ships anyhow. Meaning corvettes, cruisers and that. Can be done. Has been done.

Cordially,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Bo! Selectah. .
Couldn't help myself ;D

In mission player jumps to another system (without loading) could be possible if there was a means of switching a pre-loaded background. Game engine cutscenes could be used to simulate the gubbins.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You can do that. You can change the backgrounds or skyboxes. I've done that in my testing mission, where the player and a group of ships go from Earth to Mars without having to load into another mission. And it worked just fine.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
For the sake of people who don't/can't make skyboxes a background swap sexp would be nice.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Melee weapons. Like, a fighter that has lightsaber attachments to edges of its wings, and can slice and dice enemy fighters and stuff.

Have you been playing Radiant Silvergun? :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
For the sake of people who don't/can't make skyboxes a background swap sexp would be nice.

Isn't there a remove and add background bitmap sexp/event?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm just wondering: we can shoot bombs down, but why not missiles?

Picture a wing of Horuses trying to chase down some Hornets and you'll understand.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Have you been playing Radiant Silvergun? :drevil:
Nup. Don't have a console, and never heard of it to boot.

*snip*
Intersting. Do you still have the code or whatever you used to make it tick?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
You'd have to jump through all my old posts to find the thread, but no one ever made anything
to that effect. I just whipped up that image to try an illustrate what I wanted since everyone
was under the impression I was after a cutting laser with a longer beam.

Basically if I remember right you'd make a fighter mountable beam with a short max
length, then a very rapid firing rate with no cool down. From there you could merge it with scripting to
do movements. I think that is was mentioned that if you didn't want a movable weapon, then to lock
the beam turret to an axis, or something along those lines. So you'd end up with a stationary javelin beam of sorts.
At the time Getter Robo, the Gundam mod and me were looking at how to do the idea since the same thing could be used
for mecha beam sabers. The movement scripting is what's necessary to do all the mecha movements and realistic melee
attacks.

Thing is that once you come up with this, you end up with fighters that can plow through a fleet of caps
and take them out with relative ease. It's been shown before. So you either have to come up with a reason
shields can withstand these beam sabers, or pump up your flak and anti fighter weapons to compensate.

If you take it a step further... why not make a beam torpedo? Basically a large torp with a shield, battery, and emitter
that creates a independent flying beam sword if you will. Drop the thing and have it cut right through the heart of a enemy ship.
Ten to one, the SSM would work for this.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Wireless flying turrets like the Gunbound mobile A. Sate./Knight or Gundam's bits that fires on hostiles and can be given limited orders like a wing.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Picture a wing of Horuses trying to chase down some Hornets and you'll understand.

Umm, I can't. Got a picture? :nervous:

Many months ago, I came across this Japanese website where I saw some Aeolus attachment called the Earthshaker. It was an obscenely big torpedo with beam cannons and thrusters. It was obviously inspired by the Earthshaker missile of Descent II, because it looks almost the same.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Many months ago, I came across this Japanese website where I saw some Aeolus attachment called the Earthshaker. It was an obscenely big torpedo with beam cannons and thrusters. It was obviously inspired by the Earthshaker missile of Descent II, because it looks almost the same.
Yeah, that was made by Hamano. It was never converted.

Thing is that once you come up with this, you end up with fighters that can plow through a fleet of caps
and take them out with relative ease.

Isn't that what Gundam is all about? The newer drek anyway.
      I know the older stuff is a bit better, still gotta watch that movie trilogy I bought.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
      Isn't that what Gundam is all about? The newer drek anyway.
      I know the older stuff is a bit better, still gotta watch that movie trilogy I bought.
The newest one, Gundam 00, is quite good. Seed was okay, but Seed Destiny ... Well.

I simply have a fetish for swords, blade halberds and beam sabers.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Gundam 00 was, IMO, a cluster****ed attempt to get Gundams into current events and was trying far too hard to get its message (of world peace) across.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Its namesake came from the fact that all the females (except for one), had ridiculously large sized breasts, aand the actual "Gundam 00" appeared for less than five seconds and only on the last episode.

Yeah. Well, at least there were some decent explosions, though not as much as in SEED (though that went a little too far with the pyrotechnics).

ANYHOW, back on topic...
Wait...what topic.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I have a hell of a time shooting down bombs as it is.
     I think people are just used to X-Wing etcetera, where missiles were shootable. Which was damn useful because when you're in a Tie Fighter, and an A-Wing gets on your tail, shooting down missiles becomes REALLY handy.

Its namesake came from the fact that all the females (except for one), had ridiculously large sized breasts, aand the actual "Gundam 00" appeared for less than five seconds and only on the last episode.

Well-endowed women? Check out Robotech: Shadow Chronicles . . . . dunno who designed those characters but that man has a one track mind.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
If you want to emulate a sword-like weapon, perhaps a gun could be made that has Level 1 Shield and Hull Damage, but with a rate of fire at 100/s and range of 250m. The projectiles should travel at about 300 m/s. This will make it very strong, but only at close range.

Does that sound like and idea? :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
An entire campaign where you play as a cargo container.

"TC 5's Big Day Out"

Could be kind of interesting. Maybe you could do an alternate perspective thing with the Freespace 1 or Freespace 2 campaigns.
-C