Author Topic: FreeSpace 2 Cheats  (Read 8946 times)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Joystick FTW!!

I tried a gamepad and didn't last 10 seconds in Freespace or any game for that matter. Half the reason i don't play console games.
I started out on consoles as I couldn't afford a decent PC at the time so a gamepad is almost second nature to me now! Even when I played on consoles I knew that the PC was the superior games machine!  :D I still have a PS1 and PS2 lying around somewhere, (actually the PS2 is used regularly by wife who plays The Sims on it  :rolleyes: and ever since she got that game I have not been able to get near the thing!  :hopping:)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
 :lol: In fact My mom likes the sims.She has like 3 games of it for her computer. :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I have the numpad feature on my laptop but for those of you with one, I would suggest getting a keyboard, preferably wireless. My wireless keyboard has the Insert, End, PGup, PGdown buttons messed up, though, in a different configuration.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I fail any game using my tiny little d-pad, and yea, my laptop needs to fn to get numlock. Kinda irritating when FREDing.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

my keyboard may be an old HP peice of crap but it works like brand new. all the buttons work great and even the numpad since i use it excessively from all the FPS gaming :D (i use the numpad for movements, but that just means i can use all the buttons besides numbers 8, 5, 4, 6, and 2 for utilities. Quite useful!)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I use the numpad in practically every game too. The only disadvantage is that I have to push the keyboard to one side when I load up something, but I would much rather do that than use WASD (misaligned) or the arrow keys (not enough extra keys around it).

another disadvantage is that if you don't bind your keypaths right you can hit the numlock key by accident and everything screws up :mad:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I prefer WASD myself but then I was a heavy FPS player until I re-found FreeSpace2 and the wonderful SCP  :pimp:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm still primarily an FPS player, but I started off with Descent and had always used the numpad in that, so I continued to use that later on.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
My first video game ever was Fs1. :hammer:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
My first was Crystal Quest in 1990. :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
My first was Asteroids on the Atari 7800, i forget what year, but it was bought from Argos in Woolwich............. ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

my first is descent :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Use...a...JOYSTICK... GODDAMMIT!!!

Really, though, you can get a half-good joystick for 30$ and my Saitek EvoForce was only 80$Cdn. The best joystick I ever bought.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

well i use numpad for FPS games, like i said in my last post. I use joysticks for flying aircraft in those games (go figure :lol:), and of course for space-sims.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Cheats < Feces

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cheats < Faeces

:nod:

Anyhoo, keyboard pure, = best method of FS control ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
my first game was a dos heli copter shooter which i never figured out what i was supposed to do.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
On the Transcend topic, it's basically you vs everyone else, no re-inforcements, no re-arming, no changing weapons loadouts (you have Prom R + Subach HL-7, Interceptor missiles + Hornet Missiles), and you are stuck with the same ship type (the crappiest fighter evar, the Herc II... They took the Herc, neutered it by removing a pair of gunmounts, and it's got 55 max speed, which is like +5 from the original.)

All this makes me :mad: :mad2: :hopping: :hopping: :mad2: :mad:

(you have Prom R + Subach HL-7, Harpoon missiles + Hornet Missiles)

What's with everybody (by everybody i mean all the enemy AIs and the game loads you out like this by default) using this combo anyways? I'd choose dual subachs over Prom R + subby any day, and IMO the hornet is a horrible interceptor missile, even in fs1. so i only use it for capital ships, but it became a liability more then once in the transcend campaign.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.