Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Scripting Workshop

any way to set the clipping plane on cameras?

(1/3) > >>

Nuke:
i wrote a camera script to allow the player to look around inside their cockpit. but it seems theres some issues relating to the clipping plane. it would appear its too far out sorta like the problem we had with early implementations of show ship. is there any way to change this?

also, how do you get to the eyepoint type listed in the scripting.html.

Wanderer:
There seems to be couple of other 'inaccessible' types in the scripting.html too... On a quick check soundentry and sound at least look like they would be such.

Nuke:
another camera thing, how do i render to the hud when using a camera? is there a special target i need to set?

WMCoolmon:
The clipping plane thing is possible to fix; if I ever get around to working on the cameras, that and the FOV would be nice to have settable on a per-camera basis (So you could do zooms and such...or possibly cheat a ship out of the way by cropping it. :p)

Soundentry and sound were never implemented because there were some arbitrary distinctions in the sound system that seemed needless, would overly complicate scripting, and wouldn't be something that could be fixed in the future without keeping those effects in scripting. So I elected to leave them out rather than to try and hack them in.

You can't render to the HUD using the camera...maybe. It might be possible to:

--- Code: ---ts.setCamera(myCamera)
gr.setTarget(myTarget)
mn.renderFrame()
gr.setTarget()
ts.setCamera()
--- End code ---
to get a camera onto a texture that could be displayed on a HUD. Needless to say this would be extremely detrimental to performance, as you'd be rendering two full game frames per frame. It looks like this will work without env mapping, but I've never tested it. I also don't know what would happen if you made one of these cameras point at the display.

Nuke:
i dont really want to render the camera to a texture (yet :P). i just want to be able to render stuff to the camera's hud.

heres a little idea of what im trying to accomplish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PM69ICOhsE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version