Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Scripting Workshop

Execute EXE file on computer while playing

<< < (4/4)

coffeesoft:

--- Quote ---I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.
--- End quote ---

Would be great, i know how to read data of a txt file with AHK.

jr2:

--- Quote from: coffeesoft on October 23, 2017, 09:40:23 am ---
--- Quote ---I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.
--- End quote ---

Would be great, i know how to read data of a txt file with AHK.

--- End quote ---

If you can tell us what the purpose is, there might be a better way around it through scripting or something.  I'm assuming you're making a mod of some type?  Just tell us what exactly you're attempting to do, or PM a scripting guru (ask who to PM) if you want to keep it secret until launch.  Or you could ask on the HLP Discord server (you don't have to install anything if you really don't want to, it will load in a browser just fine).

coffeesoft:

I have no problem to explain my purposes  :)

In a first time, I thought the content of the EXE was not relevant to the question.

I like to play with the script of PoDo, i mean using a secondary computer to visualize the data of the game, that allows you to remove almost everything from the main screen, plus playing with three displays, gives us a great space of vision and a nice feeling.

I'm interested in switch on-off real lights together with the PoDo script, but my knowledge of programming is really limited, Arduino is "easy" to program, a nice option, but i donĀ“t know how to FSO and Arduino can talk.

Actually there is not much progress on that scripts, so I wanted to try other ways, and is the reason that i want to try with AutoHotKey, because i learned a bit how to program.

My idea was to do some tests, when  I get some data from FSO and launch an EXE.

I hope it is more or less well explained, sorry about my poor english  :p

mjn.mixael:

--- Quote from: jr2 on October 23, 2017, 08:37:44 am ---
--- Quote from: coffeesoft on October 22, 2017, 03:01:53 am ---
 I don't know if I understood correctly

- Can FSO store some data of the mission in a custom txt file ?, for example, wing 1 arrives = true or false

So we could read those data with AHK

--- End quote ---

I don't know, someone else will have to answer that.

--- End quote ---

Yes, FSO scripts can write text files. How do you think the checkpoint script works? :) I even used the ability to open/write text files to hide/unlock bonus missions in BtA.

coffeesoft:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, that will not work. FSO disables that command for security reasons but I guess a command line option could be added to allow using those functions.
--- End quote ---

It would be great  :nod:

--- Quote ---Yes, FSO scripts can write text files. How do you think the checkpoint script works? :) I even used the ability to open/write text files to hide/unlock bonus missions in BtA.
--- End quote ---

Can you point me in the right direction ?, some example ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version