Author Topic: Black sphere on explosions  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Toranks

Black sphere on explosions
I've noticed that the screen goes completely black within range when a large ship explodes. This black sphere suddenly disappears in a few seconds, showing smoke and fire from the explosions, and allowing me to see around me again. Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it? I haven't played the original game, but I think in the original game in these situations you see a blast expanding

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Black sphere on explosions
That sounds like a GPU issue.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Could be shockwaves.

Sometimes I get disco lights!

We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Toranks

Strange, because everything else looks great.
I'm using a GeForce GT 710 4GB with DirectX 11 on Windows 7

I started a game in debug, I waited for a couple of cruisers to explode, and quit:
https://fsnebula.org/log/62bb4659d1f7100a56f3406d

EDIT: Yes, is the shockwave, but spherical, completely black, and obstructing vision except the exploding ship model

Offline wesp5

Yes, this is a known shockwave problem. Use -3dshockwave to fix it!

Offline Toranks

WOOOW thanks!! Impressive explosions. This game has become love at first sight for me. Not only do I love Babylon 5 (my second favorite sci-fi series after Battlestar Galactica), but I love space games like Kerbal Space Program, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, and Star Wars Battlefront II. And a open source game LOL! I just decided to buy it on Steam, it have a discount

Thank you all for the quick response

Offline Toranks

SOLVED
Now i'm getting multicolor glitches on fire and smoke. This doesn't happen to me before. How I can avoid this?
https://ibb.co/gmnd8sg

I deleted the default configuration when adding -3dshockwave
Now I use:
-soft_particles -enable_shadows -stretch_menu -targetinfo -orbradar -3dshockwave -fxaa
And all works perfect!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:17:17 pm by Toranks »