FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

Single Mission Release - "No Compromises" plus something special

(1/2) > >>

Axem:
It's a another single mission release! And something special... Anyhow the mission first.

It was originally the last mission to my mini-campaign, but I changed a few things and I didn't need it anymore. But I put too much effort into the spaceport that I decided to make a mission out of it. And here it is.

Readme Description (Set sometime during FS2):
The NTF has stormed an Arcadia platform and taken many hostages. The NTF is threatening to kill them if the GTVA is does not surrender the Vega system to them. Use the prototype Pegasus to help rescue the hostages.

The mission is SLOW, I warn you now (It's like the opposite of Speed from Homesick). Even I got annoyed with it. Time compression can help you, but it might mess up the waypoints for the fighters. Now for the something special.

This was an experiment on how ingame cutscenes could work. The result is... so-so. I needed to modify a model and the ships.tbl. I'll work on a modular table for it later, last time I tried it, it crashed FS2... The only real problem in game is the jerkyness of the "camera", but if you can ignore that, it's a fine battle. If anyone wants to look at my mission through Fred, do so at your own risk. It is very very un-sexpy :p. Half of the sexps are still called New Event, the titles are mostly likely not what they are, and I didn't name any of the ships. But you shouldn't notice any of that when you watch the whole thing. ;)

Enjoy!

No Compromises: Here!
Ingame Cutscene - Take 1: Here!

Black Wolf:
That ingame cutscene kicks arse - I haven't tried the mission yet, but I'm already impressed :D

Singh:
Your ingame cutscene kicks the ass out of every in-game cutscene I have ever made or used. You gotta teach me how you do it! :D ;)

Gloriano:
Very nice...

Singh:
Looked at the mission in FRED - pretty impressive, to say the least.
Would you mind if I used the technique in some of the cutscenes im planning? Its a lot better than what I used to do before ;) :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version