Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 913488 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Yay, thanks :D. And there I always though I was the worst voice of all AoA...
Guess it's the old thing with hearing your own voice as others hear it :lol:

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
You little f|_|ckers...
Code: [Select]
[23:24] <mura> ;___;
[23:24] <mura> duuuude
[23:24] <mura> ****ing tevs
[23:24] <Fury`> ?
[23:25] <mura> good thing the blister in my finger has almost healed, or it would have exploded on the joystick
[23:25] <@Battuta> you beat it mura?
[23:25] <mura> manly tears moisturize my eyes...
[23:25] <@Battuta> you gotta post your reactions on the forum man
[23:25] <mura> i don't feel like i have beaten anything
[23:25] <@Battuta> rest of team has to see!
[23:26] <mura> you ****ers! you almost made me cry!
[23:26] <mura> i'm still trembling with anger T__T
[23:26] <@Battuta> tell the foruuuum
[23:26] <@Battuta> tell everything!
[23:26] <@Battuta> team must hear!
[23:26] <@Dariusfolio> delenda est?
[23:26] <mura> i'm just gonna paste a transcript
[23:27] <mura> yeah...

So there you have it... this is just not cool... i mean, what the hell? D:

EDIT: It might look like i'm angry at the team or something... well, kind of, this guys did it too well, i got... just... *sigh* DAMN TEVS! Steele, you magnificent bastard! AGH!!!

Congratulations on making something so freaking amazing, can't wait for the third release!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:58:20 pm by Mura »
Signed, me

Steele, you magnificent bastard!
Did Steele write a book? I would love to be able to cry out loud "Steele you magnificent bastard, I read your book!" during WiH2

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
If I remember correctly, he wrote a treatise on the use of the destroyers in GTVA Battlegroups in response to lessons learned by studying Shivan tactics, and this directly affects the way the GTVA maneuver their fleet assets during WiH.

"Steele, you magnificent bastard! I read your treatise!" probably doesn't have the same ring to it. Although I could cook up such a treatise in writing post-exams...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Code: [Select]
[00:52] <Caiaphas> I will be honest.  I cheered during the finale of DE.
[00:58] <mura> Tev scum
[00:59] * Caiaphas is diehard Tev and doesn't afraid of any crazy fed.
[00:59] <mura> **** the feds! wardog for life!
[01:00] <mura> aaaah, no mames, estubo tan pinches bueno que tengo que expresarlo en español!
[01:00] <mura> EN MAL ESPAÑOL!

"Steele you magnificent Bastard, I read your Treatise!" Hmmm, it has the wrong amount of syllables, perhaps "Text" may work...

No... It still doesn't sound right...

I wonder what the space-age aquivalent of "Infanterie greift an" might be anyway? I guess Steele's treatise fits that role in a way...

Ah, **** it, I'll just pretend it IS a book. Let's hope WiH 2 will give me a truly good moment to shout it Patton-style.

Until the UEF can use his shock jumping tactics against him through something like beam-equipped Narayanas, I doubt it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Wait a minute...the Feds have Anti-matter tech?  Why on earth are they using Rail/Coil guns?  You'd think they would have some method of flinging the stuff at range and blowing the hell outta everything.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, they have. It's called "packing it in a penetrator projectile which is shot via mass driver into an enemy target". Or "pack it into a missile warhead".
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I admit that I let a small Squeeee of joy escape when the
Spoiler:
Imperieoooos jumped back in,
in DE. But I have to also add that I audibly cursed the stealth fighters  . . . . . You know the ones I mean.

I still love Betac and all the video tape rental privilidges it bestows on its citizens. :yes: lifelong free rental for TEV military. :P
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We have achieved the ultimate ideal of free video rental. But at what cost?

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Narayana's are really quite powerful, at least when the tactical situation fits their profile. I don't think they were given the chance to shine given the circumstances in R1, but for example in the Rheza station mission they took off more than a 1/3 of the Atreus hitpoints by the time the dialogue ended and Steele jumped out. They also play an important role in the background, helping the Solaris-destroyers in diversion in Aristeia iirc. Same with the Durgas really. But that's the premise of BP combat - tactic, counter, tactic, counter ....
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well, on the surface, that's the premise of every military engagement ever.

But going below the surface, as Sun Tzu said, "All warfare is based on deception." If you're familiar with Matt Reilly, you'll recall in Ice Station the SAS lecturer and officer also said "Have your enemy look at one hand whilst you doing something else with the other," or something to that effect. What it really is is making the enemy think your doing this, have him believe it and counter it. Except you've been expecting this counter and you have an action that nullifies this counter as well as achieving what you want to achieve here, or something at least a little like that.

But if you're one step ahead of this, you'll have prepared a contingency for the enemy action and enacted it. Or even better, have been expecting this all along and have your enemy eat right out of your palm. On the note of contingencies, flow charts are really helpful with planning them, I've found; wouldn't be surprised if Steele's office on the flagship is covered in flowcharts written on butcher's paper. :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Wait a minute...the Feds have Anti-matter tech?  Why on earth are they using Rail/Coil guns?  You'd think they would have some method of flinging the stuff at range and blowing the hell outta everything.

Antimatter is extremely hard to contain and even harder to get to detonate in a yield-maximizing fashion. For this reason it's delivered via torpedoes, generally. The standard-issue torps on the Apocalypse, Narayana, and Solaris, as well as the Jackhammer and Sledgehammer ASMs, are all antimatter-tipped, like the GTVA Helios or (I think?) the Tsunami.

There are some antimatter-cored railguns in service too. But don't fall into the SF trap of thinking of antimatter as a be-all-end-all replacement for nukes. Though the yield efficiency is nominally much higher, it's way more expensive and you can't carry as much.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm just stretching....grasping for a way for the Feds to have some kind of tactical parity with GTVA.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They do. While beams are a massive advantage, it's one that is mostly in terms of logistics (not having to carry around magazines full of asplodey stuff is reaally good). The tactical properties of beams can be countered, as the UEF demonstrates by using missile swarm and precision mass drivers to take out turrets en masse.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm just stretching....grasping for a way for the Feds to have some kind of tactical parity with GTVA.

We wanted an asymmetric balance model, though, so their capship guns alone won't bring them to parity. Good fighter/gunship/bomber tactics are the key to the UEF holding or gaining ground. In that respect they outperform the GTVA.

That said they can put some pretty heavy throw weight on scene. You'll get to see some very tense railgun/torp-vs-beam duels in R@.

Good.  I've been itching to see Narayanas and Solarises get to show their stuff.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Toutatis showed her stuff in Aristeia...
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Toutatis showed her stuff in Aristeia...
Yeah, in the same sense that the Narayana did in Darkest Hour.