Author Topic: Updating R1  (Read 47150 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
yeah that doesn't look like my Inferno installation. I have the patch1 and patch2 vps and then i have INF_CBGTVA1.vp, INF_Core.vp, INF_EA.vp, INF_Enemies.vp, INF_GTVA_CH1.vp, INF_SOCVas.vp, and INF_terran.vp . I don't know what's up with the INF_Main.vp you have. You appear to have another version. Maybe someone else could shed some light ?

Ok well thx for the help guys I think that I have figured it out I had only donloaded the main relese there where also akot of other files to download so I will download them and give it a try. (Dont ask me why I didnt think of this before......)
Nope that didnt fix it any other ideas guys

Ok well dont ask me how but I got it to work properly.

Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't know what's up with the INF_Main.vp you have. You appear to have another version. Maybe someone else could shed some light ?
R1 was released as a single VP version and a multi VP version.
You should have either:
INF_CB_GTVA1.vp
INF_Core.vp
INF_EA.vp
INF_Enemies.vp
INF_SOCVas.vp
INF_Terran.vp

INF_2Patch.vp

or you should have:
INF_Main.vp

INF_2Patch.vp

You only need one version and don't need INF_Main.vp and INF_Core.vp at the same time as INF_Core.vp is included in INF_Main.vp.

Offline neoterran

and shadows' update is called INF_1Patch.vp and is 111 MB. So it's a bit confusing, but you need all of those to see Inferno R1 in all it's glory, and it is quite glorious, one of the best mods / ideas. We are all anxiously awaiting R2, even if it is delayed.

On another note, everything is due to look better very shortly as Taylor finally added Environment Mapping to the preferred OpenGL renderer. It hits CVS this weekend so any Builds after this weekend should be looking damn good ;0P
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Eugene

Try going to www.fileh.com and registering first.  Then, login, and try pasting the link into your address bar and pressing enter after you've logged in.  I think that'd work.

Thanks, jr2 - sadly that did not work either. Exactly same result. Has anyone around here followed those Shadow updates links and been able to dl them? I've enabled cookies, logged in successfully at the fileh site - but no matter whether I follow the link for the update, or paste in the link address - no go.
Help!

Update - Now I get redirected (hijacked?) to a different web site: http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=chad188 which is obviously not connected to the Inferno patch or anythign to do with legit dls as fileh seems to offer.

Is anyone dl-ing Shadow's updates? Getting them via fileh?? How???
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:52:42 pm by Eugene »

Last night, I can't even register myself, but today works maybe some server problem, it should be working right by now.

and shadows' update is called INF_1Patch.vp and is 111 MB. So it's a bit confusing, but you need all of those to see Inferno R1 in all it's glory, and it is quite glorious, one of the best mods / ideas. We are all anxiously awaiting R2, even if it is delayed.

The 1st time I upload in a VP File, it was called INF_3Patch.vp, and remember to say:

Me (Shadow0000): The naming scheme is correct, last was "2", so now is "3", so OK I started uploading it
inner thoughts:
(conscience): Did you check that the "3" patch is "Loaded", after the "2" ? and not the opposite
(awareness): NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it cannot be possible.....
(reason): You're are really stupid, aren't you ?

Well, I have to upload it twice just for a "character", I somewhat feel relief when later the FSPort staff posted the same, I am not the only one who mistake that the evil Windows has an evil loading order (it's inverse, that's plain evil which OS work like that ?)

Offline neoterran

That reminds me I need to check Freespace out in Windows Vista to see if that loading order thing is different
Chief Grognard.

Offline mr.WHO

Speaking of Vista.
-Does all games that run on Win XP will run on Win Vista (like FS SCP 2) ?
-How much RAM does Vista use?

Offline Eugene

Shadow, no matter when or how I try the link, or fileh direct, I get the same result. Just tried again before I leave for a week. Logged in to fileh and paste in the address for your patch - or click directly on the link in this forum - or log in first at fileh (successfully), and then click on our forum's link for the patch...same result. Very frustrating!

I'll check again late next week when I return. Maybe there is another way to obtain the two update patches?

Thanks for any advice or help.

Offline neoterran

Speaking of Vista.
-Does all games that run on Win XP will run on Win Vista (like FS SCP 2) ?
-How much RAM does Vista use?

1.) Not all programs that run on XP will run on Vista, it's a case by case basis, but most will.

2.) Freespace SCP runs without any problems

3.) Not sure about the sort order but it looks the same as XP to me.

Chief Grognard.

Shadow, no matter when or how I try the link, or fileh direct, I get the same result. Just tried again before I leave for a week. Logged in to fileh and paste in the address for your patch - or click directly on the link in this forum - or log in first at fileh (successfully), and then click on our forum's link for the patch...same result. Very frustrating!

I'll check again late next week when I return. Maybe there is another way to obtain the two update patches?

Thanks for any advice or help.

Which Internet Browser are you using ?. It works OK for me, I am using Firefox v1.5.0.3, otherway can you try copying the URL into a Download Manager program ?

-----------------------------------------

I have heard there are some troubles with source codes with Vista, don't know some problem regarding API 32 support, and the way DX manages the Shaders, it seems that a lot of code from DX7 used in DX9 will be trown away or something like that. If it is true, it means that Microsoft is trying to burn the last remants from Win9x and so...again it's not something critical I remember everytime a new Visual Studio or so is released all source codes that were buil with older versions need a porting in order to work with the new one...

Offline Eugene

Thanks, Shadow! I am using the latest version of Windows Explorer, on Win98SE.

I am afraid that your post don't tell if you were able download it, can you download it ?

Here is the Official Website for Firefox (Mozilla): http://www.mozilla.com/

I can't remember now a free download manganer, but you can try with DAP or FlashGet, both are free (but with adds, publicity, etc.)

DAP: http://www.speedbit.com (take care, DAP is famous for crashing, for being full of adds, and for being rejected by most sites)

FlashGet: http://www.amazesoft.com (works perfect for me, it hasn't been updated in a year or so, it doesn't need to)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:04:47 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Eugene

Sorry, Shadow - my oversight. No, regardless of the method I cannot dl either of those two update links/files. The rest of the Inforno files in this thread wrok fine.

Thank you for the links for other browsers or dl managers. Do you think Win Explorer has a problem with fileh? I might go ahead and try the amazesoft, or Firefox..although this seems so odd. I guess no one else is responding regarding whether they have no trouble - and use Windows Explorer/browser. Or have currently had any trouble dl-ing these two.

I'll keep trying!

Try with Firefox first it's just 5 MB (not like that IE which is 50+ MB, a bunch of crap), Internet Explorer is very buggy, specially since it's really old, the one in XP (IE 6 - SP1) is from 2001, pretty old, and the newer IE 7 - Beta 2 is in developement, and imagine what can happen when Microsoft names one of it's products a "beta", if the polished products has a thousand of bugs...

I have tried also with Internet Explorer 6 - Service Pack 1 and the link works,  maybe you're using a old version ? (can you check which is it ?)

Offline neoterran

Just use Firefox, it's a little quirky, but it's the only real solid solution for browsing the web at the moment.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Eugene

I'm using v.6 on XP, Service Pack 2 right now at work. Just tried: http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/INF_3PatchUpdate1.zip
and got "Page not found"

http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/INF_3PatchUpdate2.zip

Same result! "Cannot find server."

Not seeing any other issues dl-ing here or at home with Win98SE. It's very frustrating finding that these two links (only) don't work for me in two different locations on different machines and different OS. Very weird.

But will try Firefox just for the heck of it.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@Shadow0000, add this one to your list and ditch the others. :)
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
Absolutely free, no ads, spyware, etc.

Offline CaptJosh

I just use firefox and use the built in download management.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@CaptJosh, I would get the "FlashGot" plugin for Firefox, which allows you to use 3rd party download apps w/ Firefox.  You can configure it to allow the normal Firefox download as well.  The reason is that usually you get better speeds (sometimes even double!) using multiple segments during downloads, and the standard browser downloaders don't do that.

Offline CaptJosh

I doubt I would notice any particular improvement with 7 megabit dsl.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.