Author Topic: Updating R1  (Read 47153 times)

hey one question guys....ok i dl the new patch and something happen.....the 3rd mission when trying getting the station back or hq.....but anyways... the Independence starts firing on friendly fighters and the transport ship trying to capture the station but... they all ended up dead.....so any suggestions or ideas???

Supernovae are caused by magic?

It's a joke, you don't ever hear something like 2 guys talking:

A: .....But What caused this ?
B: I don't know, maybe "Magic" ?
A: Liar, "Magic" doesn't exist ?
B: That's because scientist still don't discover it......
A: (Ironic face) Yeah sure, what you say........

It's used as "I don't know" just to hide ignorance..........

A nova is a halved supernova?

My Question: A Juggernaut is a smaller version of a SuperJuggernaut ???

My Answer:

Nova and Supernova, two kind of explosives phenoma happens in some start. A Nova is a Star which increases enormously his glow in a sudden form and after decreases it's glow slowly, but can continous to exist some time. A SuperNova shows the same behavior, but the explosion destroy or change (***) in a deeper form the star. The SuperNovas are more rare than the Novas, that can be frequentely seen in Space photographics

(***) It's mean it's a severe, probabily core related, the thing is that it becomes unstable........(a change in the composition of a Star, is like Cancer it humans)

Maybe Nova doesn't really make an exact explosion, but makes a Heat increase process, it's glow becomes it's stronger, and any sorround thing around it is vaporized.........it's a halved SuperNova

To tell you in a inexact way, a fictional example, the Imagine having a Nuclear Core, the Core becomes unstable and explode in one massive energy surge. Depending on how much is the Size of that Core, the Fusion will destroy (consume) all of the Core (the Star), this is more like a SuperNova, while a Nova will remain Debris, a part of it seems to be left unactive...........in other words the Star doesn't explode with it's maximum force......

I know how a SuperNova happens in theory, yes a Nova it's that (and a UltraNova it's fictional, I don't known if it is possible). Talking about SubSpace is even worse than talking about Anti-matter, Anti-matter only works if you know the exact matter XXXXXX to be attacked with Anti-Matter XXXXXX, in any case a Ship could change the composition of it's energy Shield and probabily by ignored by the Anti-Matter passing by (a Planet or a Star can't change it).........in real world Anti-Matter has been discovered (and already produced), while SubSpace is still 100% fictional or theorical.

Technically a Big Crunch effect could be possible, that's far away from every possible thing for even UltraNova, Anti-Matter, and SubSpace. However, the concept seems really simple.......

-------------------------------------------

I was talking about planet-scale objects being ripped apart there by the violent transition from subspace to real space. I like the first theory though - and that's the one we'll probably use in our canon, if at all.

1st seems locagical:

70 Sathanas star pulling part of the Star slowly into SubSpace......has the Sathanas start to go away, only 4 remain, and the intensity of the Rift start fading, that automatically pulls the Star back to Normal Space, making it collapsing in Normal Space, and not SubSpace......

In any of both of those theories, the SubSpace Rift could be useless, the Star becomes unstable because it doesn't have a Warp Drive, so if you attack a Ship, it only has to go through it, in the worst problem, you would loose that Ship in current Mission. The Ship wouldn't go back to Normal Space and be safe, and even maybe could do a nano-jump.

That should be true.......that's what I wrote, "maybe it's not a SubSpace Rift, but something to a deeper Space, like the Violent Zone", if that would be true, then the Warp Drive doesn't matter, it would be destroyed....

By the number of Sathanas used in Sathanas to destroy Capella's Star, I bet that kind of weapon has a re-charge time really big......but considering the Gigas, it could be possible to fire at a moderate rate.........

------------------------------------------------------------------

hey one question guys....ok i dl the new patch and something happen.....the 3rd mission when trying getting the station back or hq.....but anyways... the Independence starts firing on friendly fighters and the transport ship trying to capture the station but... they all ended up dead.....so any suggestions or ideas???

I am sorry, I'll check, but I bet it was working OK...........until a change something I don't notice..............

I don't really get how to install all the updates....

I really want to try this out, so could someone familiar with 7z-format give a little more advice, please ?

My connection is back to 44 Kb, so maybe I can do it........but I am creating planets for S:AH, and my Vinaashak Mission, um.....if coordinate limit is extended I can make a mission with a 3D Mars, and Shivans attacking from every single side, with a HyperSpeed Jump in order to rapidly defend every face......the goal is that you can't, so you have to think.............a Mission like this would really need an INFERNO BUILD.......

I am working on this here, sorry I am still learning (we all are, but I mean I am new at this):

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,37721.0.html

-------------------------------------------------------

Stellar evolotion, I prefer to ignore that for now, let's just do planet's, moons, asteroids, comets and stars.

Actually a Quasar would be look really good, but it's really complex, it's somewhat a White Dwarf and a Black Hole, it's just a Sphere, with a 3D Shockwave that rotates to simulate the whirpool effect.

But Quasar would be a lot more complex, they just like Four (or just one big shockwave texture), that goes inwards and outwards like four whirpools, I don't really wan't to think about this, it's too complex.......

Here is the damn explanation, you can consider it "my stellar evolution", because Wiki Pedia say things by 1/4 making a really confusion, it so easy to understand that you can teach your pet...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 01:27:18 am by Shadow0000 »

hey not a problem....i'm just givin you a heads you. i'll continue to find if theirs any other problems with the new patch along the campaign

[ Edit ] - ok i don't know where to find this problem but i'm on the mission when the SSD Diablo first appear.....ok the entire blockaid begins to fire each other including the shivans ships as well...when they come out.......if i can help you guys where to find the source, but i don't know how......never good at these stuff.....but again i'm giving you a heads up what i'm seeing
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:13:35 am by Depth_Charge »

each other

What's "each other", do you mean, they are all Hostiles to every Ship, I mean they attack the next Ship to them ?

I'll test it, I am sorry, if I brake that, I don't really now how (yes....it would be a IA FRED2 Problem.....)

------------------------------------------------------

hey not a problem....i'm just givin you a heads you

Don't worry, it's really OK, your question make myself not go offtopic, and it's good to try to understand things a little...

I am bored so.............EXAMPLE of FS2:

NOVA: a Heating Up in a Star, the SuperNova SEXP that why see at Capella Mission, everything starts to go White, until we are Vaporized

SuperNova: the one in the Sathanas SubSpace Rift FMV, it's a explosion

Here is the explanation, I enjoy writing and translating this, so don't offend......a maybe wrote a little ironic because of some ironic in FS2 phenomenas:

My source (before calling "Magic") Explanation of the Stellar evolution Picture, for everyone's reference (I am included.......):

When Interstellar Gas and Dust of a Nebulae are condensed (1), a ProtoStar is created, which emits streams of materia (A). This continues to condensate by gravity at the same time it's heating up. When the temperature of the Core of the ProtoStar reachs 10 Million degrees (10,000,000), a series of Nuclear reactions starts (2), and a new star is created. Later, the bark of the star suffers an expansion that follows of heating up at the same time (3), which gives place to the formation of a Red Giant, of Diameter between 10 and 100 times the Sun (B). The evolution of the Red Giant depends on it's mass. If it is less than 1,4 times the Mass of the Sun, the Star is unstable, it launches external layers to the Space (5), and it creates a Planetary Nebulae. Next, the Star contract again (6) and transforms in a White Dwarf, an Star of the Size of the Earth (C). This tiny Star cool downand gives place to a Black Dwarf, that by it's low temperature, doesn't glow. If the Red Giant is too big, it produces Iron and other Heavy Elements, it increases it's size (4), and transforms into a SuperGiant. Later it explodes and releases materia (A2) in the Space. If the Star explodes completily (8), evolves to a SuperNova (D), if only the external part explodes (7) (E), a Nova is created.
Depending on it's Mass, the SuperNova creates a Neutron Star (9) (F) (G), or a Black Hole (10) (G) if the Core of the Desintegrated Star has a Mass enough higher.....

A/A2 - Between the Collision of a Matter-XXXXX and the Anti-Matter-XXXXX, both are destroyed, and in the process a fraction of pure energy is created, which is materia.....
That's why an Anti-Matter Beam can have a SuperNova Signature.........

B - Sun's Diameter:

C - Earth's Diameter: 12,400,000 (approximate)

D - Does that explain a "SuperNova" and a "Nova"

E - External Part means, not the "Core", there is no Core Fusion at all...

F - Pulsar related

G - The Vinaashak can resist a Planet explosion, but it's shield even if it resist the SuperNova (it should be possible), won't resist the Gravity neither of the Neutron Star, or the Pulsar, and not to talk about Ok Hole.....

Variable Star (a Star that changes too much it's glow it's called a Variable Star):

The most spectacular ones, are the Novas and SuperNovas. The Novas can reach to glow up to 200,000 more times than the Sun only loosing a 1/100 or 1/1000 fraction of the Sun's Mass, at velocities above 960 Km/s. Some Novas repit too many this process, until they lose enough mass to not be able to continue it.....

The SuperNovas have a similar Name, but is a phenomena more cathastropic and not frequent. Represent the Real Explosion of a Star, it glows for a few days equal to a 100,000 Million (100,000,000,000) Times the Sun's Glow, before vanishing completely. They leave remains that expandes and are seen like shining clouds of Gas (or Nebulaes)

Finally comes the Neutron Stars and the Pulsar (but the Pulsar concept is really more complicated than that and not really precise).
Also I don't I don't wrote the explainations of the Quasar

----------------------------------------------------------------

A summary:

P.D.: People who normally gives a "magic" explanation of a scientific based theory, is attemping to stop a Cathasprope of filling all a whole Thread or Post with a concept........but it's good to share some info, specially since I trying to do planets stars and others. I think a Black Hole would be pretty easy to do, it's just Saturn witha Rotatory ring.......Earth Model is a nightmare........

Offline mr.WHO

eeww... very interesting discussion but it's an "updating R1" thread and it's going into offtopic way.

eeww... very interesting discussion but it's an "updating R1" thread and it's going into offtopic way.

I can't make what I don't understand, understanding things is the normal way in order to represent them, in other way of say it, it doesn't really matter if you post a ScreenShot or any idea of a Series/Movies or Games, it's okay until you have a point, and it's FSSCP possible to do..

I mean this:

Original:

Modeled:

It's using Low-Res and Low-Colour MAPS (or MID), that's why it looks with a little lack of Colour, it can be easily fixed when I get the good ones.

With Bump Map (if it is implemented.....):

You can't create using only your eyes, you have to use your mind....I wan't to represent most of universe phenomenas, and try to break or pass over most of the FS2 Retail boundaries (planet's were never used), that's the 3DS MAX Model I made, it only uses features that are available in FSSCP (except for the Bump Map Texture.......for now it's not supportted)

Specially since this is S:AH related, I need a to have some feedback.............

For example the Earth Atmosphere and Cloud Section should need a gravity effect, like the Armageddon Missile, it should pull you down until you touch the Solid Earth and then Boom.........it's not only modeling.........

-----------------------------------------------------

Plus, I need and I want to do something more massive that the Sathanas FMV, it's very much like it, but with the actual effects, it's almost impossible....until I think a little

Alpha Effect?, Sun Corona, a Fixed Poof, very much like a Nebula, but with a Core (Size 1,77 MB / Low-Res):

http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/SunCorona.gif
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:08:32 pm by Shadow0000 »

Personally I'd like a little more choice with nebula graphics - Lighty's ones are fantastic but few in number. Just uniformily recolouring them would make be cool.

Personally I'd like a little more choice with nebula graphics - Lighty's ones are fantastic but few in number. Just uniformily recolouring them would make be cool.

As I write in the Readme, I bind each INF Nebula to one in the SCP with the same Colour, except for:

A - Orange Purple Nebulas which are now that pink or fuchsia

B - The Grey ones (with a little Orange), which are desaturated Nebulas, I edit those to match colours

I believe you are requesting something more like a feature, than a update

I appreciate it, but.........I don't really know, I wanted to do something really like an Update......something like having INF R1 + SCP Patch and in another dir INF R1 + SCP Patch + this current Update, and be able to notice the differences, but noticing it's like the same....

That's why I tried to match Backgrounds, there is that multi-coloured nebula, that are lot of nebulas one over another, and it looks really good, at least not from FS2 Retail.......

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just uniformily recolouring them would make be cool.

Do you mean, if I re-colour some, like I do with the Grey Nebulas, so we have a more wide choose of nebulas for missing Colours? (Like Brown Nebulas, and some other colours that are missing ?)

Just uniformily recolouring them would make be cool.

Do you mean, if I re-colour some, like I do with the Grey Nebulas, so we have a more wide choose of nebulas for missing Colours? (Like Brown Nebulas, and some other colours that are missing ?)

Yes, that's what I meant.

The IFF bug that happens at Mission 06, Kismat and Diablo arrival, it's caused by the CVS 2006-01-16, I'll suggest to anyone that don't make my mistake and keep the CVS 2005-12-29, the one which I do the Update, that should be free bug, that way we can determinate if the Bug was caused by me or by a bug in the CVS Build change........

This bug won't be corrected until a new CVS Build, so I suggest to everyone that wait, it doesn't mean I don't take of it if I need to do a change in the TBL or TBMs, it means until there is no a concrete explanation or solution to it, it's better wait.......

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, that's what I meant.

It's really easy to do, the problem is were to change those Nebulas. I know the common answer, it's where there are repited colours, I am sure there must be a ton of green and blue nebulas......

I'll see, I am still not too sure, and for some reason.....not it's not some reason, I get a little frustated because the model of the Earth won't work in FSSCP, and so I'll start updating S:AH probabily with 2D Backgrounds.

The 3D models were the only thing that really stopped me from updating, I was waiting, but since Earth it's the most difficult model, the other doesn't really matter, I can make them, but if there is 3D Planets I don't want to not use a 3D Earth, so the thing is or every Planet 2D or every one 3D..............(maybe I'll ending doing both version)

---------------------------------------------------------

What I was wondering if I could use a Animation Code, to make the GVD Apothess Stabilizer Rotate faster every time it fires, like a warning, and then go Slow, there is the Sub_type: animation Code which should work.....

The problem is that the Apothess Stabilizer isn't the Sub-Model that shoots, and there is no "Link" in the 3D Model, like a Barrel, I mean I can't bind the action of the Turret to another Sub-Model.

So theorically it's possibly, but not with the current Model.........

-----------------------------------------------------------

I see there is a $Door: Animation Code, which is used for Arrivals and Departures of Fighters Bay, this could be used for making Heavy Armored Door on the Pyrgos, that open and close everytime it's launches Fighters Bomber, and even Cruisers, also like Engines like a Destroyable SubSystem, so a small ship or Cruiser can fit throught it....

It's would be just like FS1 Karnak Station, but with an Hangar inside........and of course 10 times more massive

I still don't really know how to model.......well yes....at half, but having port problem and others which makes the process harder, anyways......

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT HERE:

What's left to be Updated (by me):

A - Mission 06 Fix (I'll have to use NotePad and test the Mission, I can't trust in the IFF in recent FRED2 Builds)

Update: This happens with all missions that have the +All Teams at War Flag, half of the INF uses it, so....it was like that in INF R1, it's a Code change, of course I'll take care of this, it just needs to be removed...it won't modify anything in INF.

The All Team at Wars, was originally used in FS2 to set Unknown and Neutral status to attack Hostiles status, but this has changed, now everyone can attack everyone....(lock aspect seeker missiles, fire anti-super capital bombs against your own fleet, etc.)

B - Added the +burn time: to the -wep.tbm, I never do this because I don't have any example of duration, and it can't be perfectly proportional, and with the Decal Crash it would be useless, but it needs to be there......

C - Yellow Nebulas ?:

It's the only colour that is missing, there are some dark oranges which are not brown but I don't really believe it's too much difference.

D - MOD.INI, the INFO window that appears at the Launcher...........

-----------------------------------------------

Possible, but probabily not:

E - Replace Texture MAPS:

There are some that just change names, other colours, there are others that are maps blended over another, but it's boring me to compare the Maps, there are a lot, I can do it, the problem is that I can't really edit a Map or Model just as I found a Map match, I have to write all of the 350+ Maps that are used in INF and then make something like a database, then start working, that way it won't become a real mess, but in the meanwhile take so much notes is really bored...., it's just too repetitive...........

Plus I am sure there will be new Maps released in R2 which will end replacing R1 Maps, it doesn't mean I can't do it, but I will have to re-check it over again......

-----------------------------------------

No actual or partial feature for this:

F - The EA White Thusters Anims and Glows:

There is a feature, but the $ThrustersGlows: can't be changed only the 6 $ThrustersAnim:

G - The Diablo and Iblis shield:

I have already activated the Shields for the Diablo and the Iblis in the Update, however the Mesh is really far away from the Model which ends in lot of errors.
The "surface_shield" feature works excellent, but there is no ShieldHit Decal for the moment, so.......

The right process for the moment would be to do the copy the detail-x of the Model, and use optimize to get polys below 400 or near the Level the games support it, and if that isn't enough delete and modify the Shield Mesh.

(Anyways the Diablo at full power it's really impressive, not like the one we fight at Mission 07, of course the Warlock isn't at full power, but even so......with the shield it fits really easy in the Super Destroyer and above).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:42:23 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Darius

What release of Fred2 did you use to edit the missions? I can't seem find a version that works. The latest Inf-build has a problem with IFF's, as stated before.

I used the CVS 2005-12-29, but it can be that I ended editing it with a later version, the Standard Version, well, the Standard Optimized (P4/SSE2) version of FRED2.

Anyways the only thing that is needed, is to remove the "+All Teams at War" Flag, I have done it, but I don't know if I that brokes something else...so, I have the fixed missions, but I don't upload it, because I am seeing lot of problem with the Patches....and it is really small in size to justify an Update...

I won't do a Self-Extracting 7-Zip for one reason, I hate EXE Files, well not, I hate most kinds virus, and usually most of them corrupts EXE, if someone download the File having a Virus, it will corrupt the EXE, and when the User who haves the Virus try to decompress it, 7-Zip will make the CRC Check and fail. And again someone will make a post asking "What I done wrong?"/"Files corrupted ?"/"etc.". So, it's not a real solution...I believe I have no other choice than surrender to RAR Format...

-----------------------------------

Here (Missions Fixed, I won't post this in the 1st Post not for now):

http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/missions_fixed.rar

-----------------------------------

I don't really know what will happen with the Update, I take those notes in the other post, but I believe I'll start modeling......
I wan't to do some unusual models for FS2/FSSCP universe, they will probabily use a lot of Animation Code, it's not only the Model, but if I really wonder if it will be partially possible, it will be better that I stop wondering, and doing and testing it....

could someone plz write me a list of what i need to play this release??

I am having a problem with getting this to run. I think I have everything in the right place. I extracted the 7zip file to my inferno mod folder. here's what I get:

Error: Can't open model file <f_shockwave.pof>
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1748
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

That's strange, but it is not caused by my update. Remember, I done it to work with the CVS 12/29 and the Media VP v3.6.7. So maybe if you are using the Media VP v3.6.8 Delta, there is a Pegasus entry in one of the Ship TBMs in the Tables folder of the mv_core.vp which writes a wrong entry in the Ships.tbl.

Anyways, a Shockwave doesn't use a space as an entry, but it is a Model, and maybe there is a Model Limit in quantity, so I can only suggest that you try with the Media VP v3.6.7 and the CVS 12/29

------------------------------------------------------------

I can't really update this and upload a RAR file until everything becomes more stable, I mean until the Media VP v3.6.8 final is released, if anyone noticed the INFTurretAngleFix-shp.tbm is now throwing lot of errors now that the "inital" spelling is fixed.

can't get inferno to run, i'm getting this error. what am i missing?  the instructions aren't exactly the clearest.
Error: icons.tbl(line 16:
Error: Required token = [#Start], found [:] .

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 606
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

nevermind, found the answer in another post.  needed the infern1 patch.

Never mind. I ended up extracting the w_shockwave (I think it was for the shocker missle) and renamed it f_shockwave and placed it in the data/models folder. now, when a fighter blows up, there is a shockwave, but it looks cool, so it's okay.
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

I wonder why I do that, the f_shockwave comes in the pack that DaBrain made, so it's not a type mistake made by me.

The "W", means Weapons Shockwave, DaBrain 1st pack seems to have a blue f_shocwave, then the last one has a red f_shockwave. I just used the Red Shockwaves for fighters explosions and the Blue for weapons, since the Cyclops explosions is Blue I decided to make the the Missiles colour blue, and because the Explosions of ships is Red then the Shockwave is red too.

Considering a Ship has a Core Reactor or generator, etc., it should be Blue for Ships with reactors especially, Blue for energy weapons, and Red for explosive ammunition weapons.......but it doesn't really matter at all, it's not defined that much to say it which is right or wrong.

Offline SGGWD

Installed Inferno + InfernoSCP + all files from the 1st post and got some problems.

Warning: $Default IFF not specified for species Terran in species_defs.tbl!  Defaulting to Friendly.
File:c:\fs2_open\code\species_defs\species_defs.cpp
Line: 381

Warning: $FRED Color not specified for species Terran in species_defs.tbl!  Defaulting to (0, 0, 192).
Line: 424

Warning: $AwacsMultiplier not specified for species Terran in species_defs.tbl!  Defaulting to 00.
Line: 469

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'HVasuden_Bitmap' referenced by weapon 'Vasudan Huge Turret'
File:c:\fs2_open\code\weapon\weapons.cpp
Line: 2132

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'Alouqua_Bitmap' referenced by weapon 'Alouqua'
File:c:\fs2_open\code\weapon\weapons.cpp
Line: 2132

Warning: Model 'Sai.pof' has 4 dockpoints in model file; models must have 2 dock slots per dock point.
File:c:\fs2_open\code\model\modelread.cpp
Line: 2331