Hosted Projects - Standalone > First Contact War

[RELEASE] The First Contact War - Episode 1

<< < (3/4) > >>

CT27:
I figured out my issue.

I was playing on final 21.4.  I tried downloading 22.0 RC4 and using that instead. 

That worked and fixed my issues.  I was able to play mission 8 and there were successful failure and success messages on mission 9. 

Strygon:
It's bizarre that Knossos let you play with versions that are too old as per my settings, but I'm glad you managed to fix it regardless.

CT27:

--- Quote from: Strygon on March 26, 2022, 11:21:16 pm ---It's bizarre that Knossos let you play with versions that are too old as per my settings, but I'm glad you managed to fix it regardless.

--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, I wasn't using Knossos for this.  I manually downloaded the files from the fsnebula page and made a folder and mod.ini.   

ShivanSlayer:

--- Quote from: Strygon on March 26, 2022, 11:03:46 pm ---I've already looked into this bug, there's nothing I can do on my end to fix it. You'll have to fiddle around with FSO versions. Try the latest RC and some of the newer nightlies.

--- End quote ---

I was on the latest version of the mod. I just did the 5 times suicide trick to bypass the mission.   Other than that, this was a pretty good mod that leaves me wanting more.  Some suggestions I have are adding destroying one of those blue ships on mission 8 as a bonus objective.  I destroyed one and felt there should have been a congratulatory text in the debriefing like with mission 5 of the original Freespace campaign if you take down a Shivan fighter.  Also, the debriefing screens could use some music

Strygon:
Happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of the mod at least. I'll be sure to add your suggestions in the next patch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version