Author Topic: Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated again)  (Read 10683 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated again)
fso-WIN-20090112_r5037-Wanderer.7z

MediaVP Radar Icons (for testing)

Here's the latest from Wanderer's recently synced branch.  This should allow you to use the radar icons that were released along with the latest mediavps.  Enjoy!

Edit:  New build, some big Mantis bugs should be fixed as in trunk, and also now has new target priorities code (Wanderer will hopefully be throwing together some info on this soon)

Edit2:  Another new build, his new features described below should actually work now
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:09:30 am by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Scani

Re: Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated)
Hi.
I'm quite new to FS Open, so I can't fully understand many issues and radar icons are one of them. I've got the build, but I don't know how to turn on this feature...

Offline Topgun

do you have the mediavps?

Offline Scani

do you have the mediavps?
Yes- 3.6.10 and fsport-mediavps in separate folders in main freespace 2 directory. I'm also using mods related to this mvps.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Topgun, the MediaVPs themselves don't contain the radar icons vp file.  That's why I was hoping someone else would see this and post the link here.  But I went and searched the forums and found this latest set (I believe) from Galemp:

Galemp's Radar Icons v2 (Use the one in the next post)

I believe this were designed with 2d radar in mind, but you're free to try them with 3d.  Someone else was working on a pack geared towards 3d radar...*cough*
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:16:19 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline kkmic

Is there an Linux build for the Wanderer branch?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments will be lost in time... like... tears... in rain. (pause) Time... to die.

wxLauncher 0.9.4 Beta | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Narvi

The radar icons thread is a bit old, and I don't want to necro it... so...

Some of the radar icons are a bit too high-res for me to display them using my battered old Intel 945GM. I'm referring specifically to the fighter icons; they display as blurry squares instead of the expected triangles. The other ones (destroyers, freighters etc) display just fine, however.

I've tested it one a friend's higher-spec rig, and the icons display correctly, so I'm thinking it's more to do with my old hardware than anything else. I'm just bringing it to your attention, if you want to correct it.

Also, is it possible for the icons to be a bit more transparent? When there's a lot of ships in one area, they tend to pile up and be hard to distinguish.

The icons are masterful. Simple, but efficient.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated again)
kkmic, sorry I missed this but I could throw together a Wanderer build for linux if you'd like.  I didn't really think the interest would be that great right now.

Also, new build up, most recent trunk and some new stuff from Wanderer.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Lets start with the easiest

ai_profiles options

$Delay Before Allowing Bombs to Be Shot Down:
      Defines the delay after bomb launch before weapons can hit bombs.
      Making the bombs essentially invulnerable to point defense for that time period
      Five floats (one for each difficulty level). Default value is 1.5 for every level. Affects both player and AI.
      Set right after Percentage Awarded For Capship Assist and before big ships can attack beam turrets on untargeted ships

$allow turrets target weapons freely:
      Allows turrets to target also other weapons that just those with bombs tags.
      Boolean.
      Set after the multi allow empty secondaries entry as a last entry.

weapons options

$Weapon Hitpoints:
      Last entry in the table
      Integer. Defines the amount of hitpoints for that weapon class
      NOTE:Activating hitpoints makes the weapon destroyable.
      Bombs default to 50 hitpoints.

Example xxx-aip.tbm
Code: [Select]
#AI Profiles

$Profile Name: FS2 RETAIL
   +nocreate
$Delay Before Allowing Bombs to Be Shot Down:   6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0
$allow turrets target weapons freely:  YES

#End

Example xxx-wep.tbm
#Primary Weapons

$Name:   Prometheus R
   +nocreate
$Weapon Hitpoints:   1

#End

Target priorities

Target priorities setup is per turret system which - if and only if it is activated - replaces the normal target sorting system for the turrets. This allows for turrets to prioritize for example fighters before cap ships but if no fighter targets are available it will then target cap ships instead. For certain loading order reasons the setup is not exactly pretty but it is functional. Idea why several of the priority options seem to contain only modest or rather useless options is that simply by adding the option to parse flags of that type makes significantly adds to the extendability of this target priority setup (small additions should not require full rewrite)

Also should you add more than one type of priority settings the potential target has to belong to ANY one of them to be targeted (if certain setting is not activated for the current targeted priority this can be avoided)

Setting the target priorities

objecttypes.tbl
New section is added at the beginning of the objecttypes.tbl (fully optional).
#Target Priorities

#End

#Ship Types

$Name:
Defines the name of the target group

+Object Type:
Optional - operates in similar way as flag parsing
Defines the type of the objects that belong to this target group
Options: "ship", "asteroid", "weapon"

+Weapon Class:
Optional - operates in similar way as weapon bank loadouts
Defines the weapon class(es) that belong to this target group
Options: Weapon names

+Object Flags:
Optional - operates in similar way as flag parsing
Defines the object flags that are used to identify targets belonging to this group
Options: "no shields", "targetable as bomb"

+Ship Class Flags:
Optional - operates as flag parsing
Defines the ship flags (SIF and SIF2) which are used to identify the target group
Options: "afterburners", "big damage", "has awacs"

+Weapon Class Flags:
Optional - operates as flag parsing
Defines the weapon flags (WIF and WIF2) which are used to identify the target group
Options: "bomb", "huge damage", "supercap damage", "bomber+", "electronics", "puncture", "emp", "heat seeking", "aspect seeking", "engine seeking", "pierce shields", "local ssm"

Objecttypes can be added to the target groups (objecttypes table):

Before Counts for Alone

$Target Priority Groups:
   Optional
   Defines the target priority group into which the ships of the this objecttype belong to
   +Override
      Instead of adding new options to the entry this sets the objecttype to belong to only to the defined target group.

Ship classes can be added to the target groups (ships table):

After radar images entries, just before subsystem entries

$Target Priority Groups:
   Optional
   Defines the target priority groups this ship belongs to
   +Override
      Instead of adding new options to the entry this sets the ship to belong to only to the defined target group.

Actually setting the target priorities for the turret

Just before the Subsystem Flags entry (SEXP support not yet implemented)

$Target Priority:
   Optional - defined as flags
   Defines the target priorities for this turret.
   NOTE: Priorities are used in the order in which they were defined (1st is highest).
   Using this entry for a second time replaces the whole priority list with the new list.

Hmm.. i think that was it... as a glimpse anyways... oh and this worked several months ago just fine but has since been mothballed so if it does not work as 'advertised' please inform me about the issues

----

EDIT

Example of xxx-obt.tbm
#Target Priorities

$Name:      Merchant

$Name:      Bombs
   +Object Type: Weapon

$Name:      Strikecraft

#End

#Ship Types

$Name:      Fighter
   +nocreate
$Target Priority Groups:   ( "Strikecraft" )

$Name:      Transport
   +nocreate
$Target Priority Groups:   ( "Merchant" )

#End

Example of xxx-shp.tbm
#Ship Classes

$Name:         GTC Fenris
   +nocreate
$Subsystem:                     turret08, 2, 5.0
   $Default PBanks:        ( "Terran Turret" )
   $Target Priority:       ( "Strikecraft" )
$Subsystem:                     turret09a-01-main, 8, 10.0
   $Default SBanks:        ( "Subach HL-7" )
   $Target Priority:       ( "Bombs" )

$Name:         GTA Charybdis
   +nocreate
$Target Priority Groups:   ( "Merchant" )

#End

EDIT2... A bug had slipped as i had to rewrite the changes as the old patch refused to be patched... Wanderer branch builds of r5034 or later have this fix.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:13:39 am by Wanderer »
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Can we get an icon for the Karnak? This appears to be breaking ST:R.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oddly enough, you'd have to ask Galemp for that, since he did both I believe :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Build updated again, the features he described above should be functioning as intended now.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Can we get an icon for the Karnak? This appears to be breaking ST:R.

A radar icon? It's using the Installation (Arcadia) icon. The TBM has it defined for the Karnak, and even if it wasn't it would just show up as a blip. It wouldn't break anything.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I wonder if the Karnak "breaking" Silent Threat is related to what I experienced... Basically, it seems that when running -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps, when I chose the Karnak in F3 Ship Lab, the game had to first generate the cache files for it, which to unknowing will look like the program hangs, so I would hazard a guess that either it's cache files provided within fsport-mediavps aren't valid or are not there... and seeing the detail on that model is quite extensive, it takes a while for the cache files to generate.

If the problem you're experiencing with Karnak is as follows - as soon as you select the Karnak in either Ship Lab or Tech Room, the game seems to freeze and hang, just let it crunch the numbers for some time. Particularly on older, slower processors the generation of high-detail models' cache files takes it's time, and during that time FS2_Open is unresponsive. It should pull through in time, though, if you just let it sweat for a while.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I can't play "Blood of the Innocents" in ST:R with these radar builds. CTD every time. The mission itself appears to load fine, but when I hit "Commit", it crashes.

This is the only mission in the campaign that the build seems to have issues with, so I assumed the Karnak was causing it.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Ok.. i will check it out.

EDIT: Though what i get with debug build seems to have precious little to do with the build. As the game hits a vecmat error (vector math) where some normal which was supposed to have length of 1.0 apparently doesn't have close enough length. I got it to happen when 'Epsilon 3' tries to go after an Zeus bomber ('Buri 3') and checks for possible big ship collisions with the Egyptos. However release builds worked quite nicely.

This seems to be a problem either with the code in general (length of normals) or then with the model used as the Egyptos.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:09:27 pm by Wanderer »

All of the recent builds do not appear to work with ST:R.  In my case it hangs at the start of "Silence All Voices".  This is with the new 3.6.10 MediaVPs.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Works for me... can you run the debug build and post the 'fs2_open.log' from the freespace\data\ ?

Here is the log.  I am using a resolution of 1280x1024.  ATI X1900XTX

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]