Author Topic: Game.. Running, now.. 15.3.-08 For couple of hours at least.  (Read 2532 times)

Game.. Running, now.. 15.3.-08 For couple of hours at least.
Nelsson's Game (fs2net)... Dummdidumm..

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Game.. Running, now.. 15.3.-08 For couple of hours at least.
<.<

>.>

:welcomesilver:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Well thank you! Ooh I love FS2 (fs2open) :)

I wonder why it shows my ping so low at fs2netd.game-warden.com.. I do have a very fast connection, but the bandwith on some p2p-traffic ports might be restricted.

edit: I mean, fs2netd shows my ping as not good.. Low ping would be good, but I guess fs2netd is trying to say that my ping is big - that my connection is slow.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:15:15 pm by unelsson »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I would like to partecipate but my connection is the way too slow for it(much slower than 56k) :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
edit: I mean, fs2netd shows my ping as not good.. Low ping would be good, but I guess fs2netd is trying to say that my ping is big - that my connection is slow.
Are you using 3.6.9 or 3.6.10?  There are a bunch of bugs in 3.6.9 that makes the ping lower that it should be.  I've managed to fix most all of that in 3.6.10 though.

Offline Shade

I would like to partecipate but my connection is the way too slow for it(much slower than 56k)
Just pick a bomber and go to town on the capships instead. That's what I do when my ping is bad ;) As long as you're not the host you can actually get away with some rather horrible connection speeds.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Not to mention that when retail came out a lot of people were running 56k or less.  Then you had people like me that liked the game so much they shotgunned 3 56k connections until ISDN was cheap enough.    :pimp:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Ping != data transfer rate.

It's more tied to how many gateways and routers and servers the packets have to go throug rather than how much data is transferred. Most multiplayer games don't transfer all that much data, so a low (fast) ping connection with 56kbps modem can offer better multiplayer experience than a high ping T1 connection or something even more insane.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

I'm currently using 3.6.9. I tried the newest stable build yesterday, but I couldn't connect even connect to the lobby server (fs2net?). Now I'm using somewhat older 3.6.9. And my connection is 10 megabytes or something.. University network..