Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 912331 times)

Offline ION3

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
I personally never got used to the Kent, I'm a heavy over speed kinda player I guess

Really? The Kent is godlike! I mean it has almost the same fire power and missle capacity as the Nyx but is MUCH faster. The backwards afterburner especially makes it very deadly. It's disadvantage is thatit is quite large, easy to hit.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
yea, Kent's a great fighter, very fast, lots of primaries and secondaries, average durability. And slammers. Draco's even faster but it's got less guns and missles; Nyx has tons of firepower and shields but the low speed hurts in the BP world (Sol theater if we want to use the in-universe terminology). Atalanta's a good mix, I always try to finish those off first, very bad to have on your tail (especially in a Uhlan), though it's not as fast as the Kent.

Of course in-universe the trade-off is that GTVA fighters have longer endurance and inter-system drives, but hey.

Come to think of it, I loved WiH's protrayal of Maxim, Balor and Treb weapon systems... here's begging for some cool new GTVA fighter weapons to fly against in R2? ;)
I loved the Nyx, its pretty much an updated erinyes. I personally never got used to the Kent, I'm a heavy over speed kinda player I guess  :p
Shame you were only allowed to pick a GTVA fighter in one mission

Something we have in common, which is why in WoD I chose the Ray III-W (Whereas a lot of people went for the E). I've never bothered trying the GTVA fighters in that mission, simply because I might become attached and miss them in later missions.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Nyx has 8 guns, 160 missile capacity, faster acceleration than the Kent, only slightly less maneuverable, 650 shields, 350 hitpoints,

Kent has 6 guns, 120 missile capacity, faster than the Nyx, has 380 shields, 275 hitpoints.

So for a slightly slower a ship, you have 30% missiles, 30% more primary firepower, 56% more resilience, a smaller target profile, and the GTVAs far more familiar weaponry.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I like the Nyx. If it was a special-issue fighter, I would have liked it even more than I would the Ares.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline -Sara-

Nyx has 8 guns, 160 missile capacity, faster acceleration than the Kent, only slightly less maneuverable, 650 shields, 350 hitpoints,

Kent has 6 guns, 120 missile capacity, faster than the Nyx, has 380 shields, 275 hitpoints.

So for a slightly slower a ship, you have 30% missiles, 30% more primary firepower, 56% more resilience, a smaller target profile, and the GTVAs far more familiar weaponry.

The Nyx cannot reverse trust. The Kent can use that ability to turn on a dime, making it VERY deadly with the right pilot. The Kent has some HUGE advantages for the veteran pilot who can handle these extra features.

It's like comparing a Volkswagen to a Ferrari. Both drive nicely for the average driver when on the highway, keeping to the allowed maximum speed. The driver may even pick the Volkswagen because for normal use, it is known to probably be more durable. But if you ask a race driver to pick one of the two cars to win a speed competition, he'll probably pick the Ferrari for it's sharp turns and higher speed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:51:38 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt stares at QuantumDelta.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline -Sara-

QD will pick a Kent, fly circles around you and be a dick. :P

*pokes QD*.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Nah, he'll take a Nyx, pound the ever loving hell out of you, and then do that never-to-be-sufficiently-damned corkscrew to avoid anything you throw at him.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Also the Kent has 200 afterburner, forward and back, Nyx just 140.

I loved the Nyx, its pretty much an updated erinyes. I personally never got used to the Kent, I'm a heavy over speed kinda player I guess  :p
Shame you were only allowed to pick a GTVA fighter in one mission
ah well, the Izra'il will have missions in R2 anyways :D
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I can't maneuver and reverse thrust at the same time for some reason, so it's essentially meaningless, unless I'm fleeing and shooting missiles behind me.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It might be your keyboard. Keyboards supplied with computers manufactured by companies like HP limit the number of keys you can press down simultaneously.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I can maneuver while reverse thrusting but not while reverse afterburning this causes me great distress

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I can never tell when I'm stationary or reverse-thrusting because I usually just jam the Reverse Thrust key down to stop. I hardly use reverse afterburn myself, although I still use it.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
N-Key Roll Over ftw.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Wat??
I used reverse thrusters an awful lot. I used them for everything from evasive maneuvers to hit-and-run missile strikes against way too slow Tev ships. Also, I've never noticed any key-stroke limit problems.
N-Key Roll Over ftw.
I dun get it... :confused:

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Eh, reverse thruster. Never managed to use them properly. Or rather, never found myself in a position where not using them was an issue, aside from the occasional Deimos beam disableness when the corvette is moving forward.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
QD will pick a Kent, fly circles around you and be a dick. :P

*pokes QD*.

Man I've been on the receiving end of a QD flown Perseus I can't imagine what the Kent would be like in his hands. Also, is it just me or do Tev fighters tend to have stronger shields than UEF counterparts?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
More familiar but crap. Keep your Piranhas, where are my Slammers?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
QD loves the Kent, I think.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Also, is it just me or do Tev fighters tend to have stronger shields than UEF counterparts?

The Nyx and Uriel are about even, but generally yes.