Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269865 times)

Second: The SLDF's Angry Kids Are Coming.
Damn, it's that time already?  The game isn't even released yet!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Technically it's just Phelan Kell getting his Wolfhound blown up so far, and will be until sometime next year, but it does mean the Invasion is actually happening.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Yeah, I just looked at the timeline on Sarna.net and the Invasion doesn't actually happen until March of 3050, so we have a long time to wait.  It will be interesting to see how the super-powerful Clans are added in to such a PvP-centric game, though.  Co-op mode perhaps?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Mini-campaigns. Mini-campaigns. Downloadable SP mini-campaigns. Dear cylon god please.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, I just looked at the timeline on Sarna.net and the Invasion doesn't actually happen until March of 3050, so we have a long time to wait.  It will be interesting to see how the super-powerful Clans are added in to such a PvP-centric game, though.  Co-op mode perhaps?

My personal vote is NPC Mad Cats appear at random and try to wipe out everyone. Because it will be hilariously rage inducing.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

My personal vote is NPC Mad Cats appear at random and try to wipe out everyone. Because it will be hilariously rage inducing.
I've got to agree with you here :D

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
hell yes, kids rage quitting is always funny to watch
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
hell yes, kids rage quitting is always funny to watch
same. it shall be gloriously hilariously scary destruction.
That day many a man shall know to fear the ERPPC. And anything else prefixed with ER.

as a side note i really really want a Marauder in the game...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Patriot

C-ER*

Don't forget that all the Clan mechs use DHS, so they'll have double the heat dissipation of the IS mechs.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Technically not all of them, and technically not all IS 'Mechs don't have them.

Any Clan 'Mech at the forefront of Operation Revival will be using CDHS.

Of course, doing a little research shows IS DHS were ready for mass-production back in 3041 thanks to NAIS so hopefully they'll be available for purchase by players when MWO releases.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
whats the deal with DHS compared to normal HS, apart from the obvious? whats the catch?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

The obvious is that they offer double the heat dissipation for the same tonnage.  The catch is that unless they're integrated into a 'Mech's fusion engine they take up three times the space of a regular heat sink, unless they're Clan Double Heat Sinks in which case they take up only two times the space of a regular heat sink.  That being said, a fusion engine automatically has ten heat sinks that take up no extra space or tonnage, so in the rules you can replace the singular heat sinks in your engine with DHS for no space penalty, doubling your base heat dissipation, although DHS aren't exactly cheap.  DHS and regular HS cannot be used together though, so a 'Mech will always be one or the other.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
An engine can "hide" a number of heatsinks up to its engine rating divided by 25.  Any more than that have to be mounted at normal size.  This means that in some cases not all ten base heat sinks are hidden in the engine.

Is 10 the maximum number of hideable heat sinks or can a 350 engine hide 14 HS?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
A 350 engine can hide 14 heatsinks.  However, the 4 heatsinks after 10 would cost four tons.

Additionally, if an Omnimech has a larger engine, but only mounts the basic ten heatsinks on its base chassis, it must allocate space for any heatsink above and beyond those fixed to the chassis.  If, for example, an Omnimech had a 300 rated engine, but only 10 heatsinks, adding two more heatsinks to a given configuration, those heatsinks would take up space, even though a 300 rated engine is nominally able to hide 12.

So a non-Omni 'Mech can have its engine save space for a number of heatsinks that are its rating divided by 25, but anything it hides above 10 heatsinks takes up one ton but no space per heatsink?

And OmniMechs have to spend tonnage and space for any heatsinks above anything their base chassis carries?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
A 20 ton 'Mech with a 120 rated engine (Stinger, Wasp) that does not choose to mount additional heatsinks begins with the base 10 heatsinks has enough room in the engine (taking up no space) for four of them (engine rating 120/25 = 4.8, rounded down to 4).  The other six cost no extra tonnage, but must be allocated space outside of the engine.

A 100 ton 'Mech with a 300 rated engine (Atlas, King Crab) that chooses to mount additional heatsinks over the base 10 heatsinks spends one ton per additional heatsink.  With such an engine, the 'Mech is able to hide 12 heatsinks away in the engine (engine rating 300/25 = 12).  Despite paying the two tons to get to 12, no additional space is consumed by the heatsinks.  Mounting more than 12 heatsinks costs both tonnage and space.

A 55 ton Omnimech with a 330 rated engine (Stormcrow/Ryoken, Men Shen) that only chooses to mount the base 10 heatsinks on the base chassis spends no additional tonnage, and is able to conceal all 10 heatsinks (engine rating 330/25 = 13.2, rounded down to 13) with room for a few heatsinks to spare.  However, because the base chassis is fixed, adding any heatinks to that total in any configuration that doesn't change the base chassis (at which point it's no longer an Omni), any additional heatsinks added after that cost both tonnage and space.  Any heatsinks above those mounted on the base chassis cost tonnage and space regardless of whether the engine could conceal them if they were present on the base chassis.  If, before fixing the base chassis, the 'Mech had mounted all 13 "free" heatinks (which would still cost 3 additional tons), then they would take up no space.  However, the base chassis did not, and the extra heatsinks take up space.

For an Omnimech, it's a juggling act between whether to save crits or maximize payload space.

I hope that clears up any ambiguity on the subject.

Yep, that clears it up very well.