Author Topic: Has anyone?  (Read 1767 times)

has anyone made a campaign taking place in the sol system during the freespace 2 era?
=SSC=ADMRL
Shattered Star Confederation
Black Widows Squadron

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
What is there to do? The 1st Fleet would destroy any Pirates with ease and sip coco while watching TV or holovision. Just like the good old days before Jump Nodes were discovered. No Shivans because there is no subspace node or subspace traffic, so Earth is invisible to them. By the time of FS2 all transition to a single system government would of been complete.
Got Ether?

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief

Originally posted by SSC-ADMRL:
has anyone made a campaign taking place in the sol system during the freespace 2 era?

I think either Machina Terra or Temporal Mechanics is doing an Earth based campaign. Always get the two mixed up... Check them out. They look very promising...  
I have returned... Again...

Offline Scorpius

• Artíste
funny you should ask that. I believe this topic should answer your questions  
 http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/ubb/noncgi/Forum1/HTML/000453.html
Illustrator, inker, editor, letter of FREESPACE MARINES. A comic book based in the Freespace Universe
coming in late march.
My Galleries:
 www.3dap.com/hlp/art/scorpius
 http://www.3dactionplanet.com/redfaction/dp/d/art.shtml

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Most of the major (besides OTT,dunno about RTCPT or Inferno)Campaigns involving going back to Earth but the Admiral is talking about a campaign thats based in the FS campaign timeperiod.
Got Ether?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Umm...and you missed BWO  
 http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/

We pretty much based the whole campaign on returning to Earth.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
I started on a Campaign for FS1 long ago (even before I had web-connection) just for fun.
It played in Sol about 10 years after FS1 (didn't know that there would e 2nd game).
Scientists were trying to re-open the jumpnode to Delta Serpentis but instead they got the Shivans over their backyard (coming from D-Serpentis). After they fought back the initial wave (it had a losing thread where you would go on to defend Mars and then Earth before being annihilated) the GTA proceeded to D-S only to find the Terran-Vasudan Alliance (TVA!! close to GTVA) in shambles.

It's all gone now.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
I think you,ve all missed the point. I think the Admiral is talking about a campaign based at the same time as the main FS2 campaign.
Got Ether?

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
I know what he meant and I know that other know that too...
We're just telling -in a weird way- that nobody really made such a campaign.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

If you want a FS1 time campaign then: [p1mp] Time of Change [/pimp].

------------------
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes.' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slices fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Why not visit the Time of Change website?
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon