Author Topic: [Feature Request/Suggestion] Custom Head ANI (Modular) Table  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
[Feature Request/Suggestion] Custom Head ANI (Modular) Table
I feel that the title is fairly self-explanatory, but I will elaborate none-the-less.  With more mods and total conversions popping up all the time, I feel that a feature such as this should be well received.  Basically, it would allow the list and name of hud Head-anis to be customized in table format.  Modular tables would allow mods to retain the original FS2 heads, while adding others or potentially selectively removing ones from the FS2 list.  A full table reconstruction would allow total conversions to use their own head names and completely erase all the FS2 ones.  Now I know that right now, you CAN add your own custom heads into a mission, by manually adding the main filename into the list in FRED, making it available on a per-mission basis.  Unfortunately, they aren't there by default, and for total-conversions, all the FS2 heads are still listed in FRED by default, whether they're actually detected by the mod/conversion or not.  Therefore, I request that as part of this feature, FRED should be forced to abide by the table and remove unlisted heads and add in new ones.

The table would need to have the following inclusions however.  First, there would need to be a way to force one of the heads to be the default command head... and there may need to be a few other defaults identified.  Secondly, anyone who has looked in the hud folder has seen that each head has a few different versions of it, with slightly different lengths, differing actions, and for pilots... a death ani (which may require another flag).  I assume that, as with the sounds table, the various different alternate versions of a Head may require a length entry so the game knows which one to use for longer messages.

Is this feasible, desirable, worth it?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: [Feature Request/Suggestion] Custom Head ANI (Modular) Table
Desirable. We'll shortly be having to replace all the ANI heads for our TC. So it'd be useful.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And simply using the same filenames as in retail FS is not an option?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Restrictive.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!