Author Topic: Mechwarrior 5 ???????  (Read 12708 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Mechwarrior 5 ???????
On my search for some images I found this :

http://www.mechwarrior5.ru/gallery-01.html

Does anyone here (russian people especially) know anything about this project / game ? From the models, some terrain and especially some buildings this looks like a highly enhanced Mechwarrior 4 engine ? Though it seems to be from 2001/2002  :confused:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Mechwarrior 5 ???????
No, I don't think that's related to each other. The russion one is much older, and as I said reminds of MW 4 due to some models
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

I am russian. This page seems quite familiar. I think these are just pictures done by 2D/3D artists. I've also seen most of these pictures on http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/1.html

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Somehow it looks to me like a MW4 clone with added bump or normalmaps (which would be really great, I never liked the old comic engine) :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I know a lot of these images. Some are renders and others are from the readouts or novels.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
So they never really existed as a game ? Too bad. I would love to see MW 4 with a better graphic :(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

there is an HD patch, but it doesn't work with the free release. It only works with the retail version and Mektek's MekPak 3.02b patch.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, I have all selled releases, though some (especially Mercs) are in german. BTW; mektek, how can I get a hand on the free release with all mechpaks ? This MTX programm is the biggest pile of crap I have ever encountered. I downloaded the file via torrent, but now I can't open it because it's mtx. I would really like to kick somebodys ass for that  :hopping:

What does the HD patch do ? Any preview images available ? The few I found doesn't show anything that special, just a few light enhancements, though no texture upgrades :(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
This is just mech4.  Except the picture of all the highlanders.  If I am not mistaken that is from either Battletech Master Rules, or the Mercenaries handbook.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, if it's really "just" MW4, then they made the renders outside the game engine. The textures of the mechs are really good, and far beyond what was seen ingame ;) I hoped for a to me unknown mod or something......  :sigh:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
i've said it before, i'll say it again.  I spent 50 bucks on mech4, and it was horrible.  Lucky for me discs can double as coasters.

Casualties of War

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
i've said it before, i'll say it again.  I spent 50 bucks on mech4, and it was horrible.  Lucky for me discs can double as coasters.

hmp, I enjoyed it especially the Solaris tourney
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I also enjoyed it very much, even if it has some flaws. The comic like textures were not good, and the fact that the autocannon was suddenly a one shot canon always pained me (but on the other hand, they made the impulslasers working correctly). And german localization voices were incredible bad. But beside that, it was really good. To bad there was no modding attempt or possibility to enhance the engine, that would have been great.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
http:mektek.net

Maybe it's cause I am old school.  The mechs didn't look right at all.  As a player of Btech for a great many years, I can tell you that the models that were truest to Battletech were in Mech3.  Take for instance the Daishi in mech4.  Since when is a daishi tall and slender?  Who the hell put it on a diet?

Microsoft made up some mechs, and in the briefings made a big deal out of each and every one.  As far as I was concerned the only one I liked was the cougar.  The feel of the mechs was completely wrong as well, it failed to capture that "walking a giant machine" feeling.  In the original mech4 you couldn't create a custom design and name it or the game became so unstable that you had to uninstal it and then reinstal it.  It was typically microsoft, hurry up and get it done so that we can get it out by Christmas. 

They did 1 thing right as far as I was concerned, they used an algorithm to defeat lag in multiplayer.  While imperfect it was a huge improvement over the lag shooting in mech3.  I remember once playing the mech3 campaign and couldn't figure out why I wasn't hitting anything, it was because I was lag shooting against my own comp. That's how used to playing multi online I was. lol

The only other thing they did right was adding co-op missions in multi.

The only saving grace of mech4 as far as I will ever be concerned was Mech4 Mercenaries.  While not as good as Mech3, it was by far better than Mech4.  I don't need to bring up Black Knight, do I?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:27:04 pm by ShadowWolf_IH »

Casualties of War

Well, I have all selled releases, though some (especially Mercs) are in german. BTW; mektek, how can I get a hand on the free release with all mechpaks ? This MTX programm is the biggest pile of crap I have ever encountered. I downloaded the file via torrent, but now I can't open it because it's mtx. I would really like to kick somebodys ass for that  :hopping:

What does the HD patch do ? Any preview images available ? The few I found doesn't show anything that special, just a few light enhancements, though no texture upgrades :(
The HD patch updates the textures for almost everything (mechs, vehicles, buildings, etc.) in the MW4. There is also an HD patch for MW4 Veng. in the making. I have a link to someone's website that contains Mektek's patches (.0021 to .0028) that are already extracted. Full, extracted, install of MW4 Mercs. so far is the given link: http://www.jadefalconclan.com/downloads/mechwarrior4mercenaries.all.to.51.03.01.0028.mtx

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
http:mektek.net

All I can say is this :(

Well, I have all selled releases, though some (especially Mercs) are in german. BTW; mektek, how can I get a hand on the free release with all mechpaks ? This MTX programm is the biggest pile of crap I have ever encountered. I downloaded the file via torrent, but now I can't open it because it's mtx. I would really like to kick somebodys ass for that 

@Raven : Thanks, I will check these sites.

Just noticed, you also posted a mtx file. This ****ing program is not working. Seems like someone tried to created a steam clone and just produced an epic fail :( Any download for the already extracted stuff ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
@Shadow : Yep, i mostly agree. MW4 never managed to give me the same cool feeling I had with MW3. To bad, i cannot run this anymore.... And to bad, the new game was killed due to the stupid lawyers. Fück them all
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
oops, one other thing.  The custom modifications.  I liked how you could only put ballistic weapons in ballistic slots, energy weapons in energy weapon slots, etc.  That was inovative and true to btech.

Casualties of War

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Mechwarrior hasn't been killed i don't think.  Mech5 was.  The new one was being headed up by some guy who bought the rights to Fasa Interactive from M$.

oops wasn't thinking and double posted, my apologies.

Casualties of War