Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 2986 times)

/Will you guys be changing the 10 percent Rp and C bill per mission thing aka you only start out with 10 percent of mission resource points and get paid only 10 percent at end of mission and this is very unreasonable, even if you sell mechs its gonna dry you up, so i was thinking up it to 40 instead. And also will you guys make the repair trucks more useful, they arent as great as MCG rep trucks. Also clan tech rarely shows up in the menu.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
In short : yes :)

All you mentioned will be completly revamped. The current logistic in the alpha is buggy. But we will not fix these bugs, because we (that means Magic :) ) is creating a completly new logistic system, which will be awesome once finished. I would like to change it, to make it a little more convinient to use the current build, but as long as magic is our own active coder, we ask for your understanding that we will not want to spend time fixing bugs in something, that is already claimed "dead". Once the new is done, it will affect everything, from mechlab over purchase system up to repair and salvage. Of course that's a major step, so it will take time. But the wait will be worth it :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
I didn't have too much money trouble in the adjusted campaign, since I wasn't playing super-hard, cut corners on drop costs* made a point of doing as much "free salvage" (ie using salvage craft ;)) as possible during missions. I was also careful to strip weapons from recovered mechs to fit onto my other units. Good way of getting your hands on cheap Clan Gauss Rifles and such!

* Which I think is, whilst exploitable, still pretty cool. I think it's a neat way of representing a savvy Merc Commander negotiating a bigger paycheck by being as efficient as possible, like the Clan Batchalls.

Looking forward to the overhauled logistics as long as they're not complexity for the sake of complexity.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Nope, we do not intend to make it any more complicated as necessary, so you can play it without all the rulebooks and stuff :) It wont be more complicated than in MW4, maybe just a bit more  :nod:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Nope, we do not intend to make it any more complicated as necessary, so you can play it without all the rulebooks and stuff :) It wont be more complicated than in MW4, maybe just a bit more  :nod:

just how complicated? :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
That wont be leaked yet :) All I can say is, once done (will take a while) everyone will be amazed :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Some other stuff ive been wondering about as of late. Would it be possible to make vehicles salvagable aka like weapon components etc. And Also is there a limit of the number of Ops you can have in MC2?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, not sure about the weapons from vehicles. I have to think about it. If it will fit in the balancing, the idea itself is not that bad at all (no salvage of complete vehicles, but components as you said). Depends on what's code technically possible. But honestly, even if I like the idea, and will add it to the project list, sofar I will only place it under "nice-to-have"....

Regarding OPS, what exactly do you mean ? The maximum number of mission objectives (including hidden triggers) per Mission ? I'm not sure actually, never hit that limit.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Was referring to the number of campaigns inside a campaign like in MCG Port arthur had 5 ops with like 7 missions each.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, I would say, theoretically there is none, it depends on how you set up your campaign and the story behind it I think.  The only thing that is currently not really possible, is a free mission pick like in MW4 Mercs, in MC you do have to follow a little linear line to that. The only thing you can do, is that you make that planetview with more than one mission to pick.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH