Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > MechCommander OmniTech

Building wishlist

<< < (8/8)

Starman01:
It sure will. Since I already made the low poly version you know from DSC, it will not so hard (for me, i just have to model it, Karl has the big work bringing it ingame  :lol: )

Boundless:

Very good point about the size of those dropships, I completely forgot to take into account which models had already been added in game.

I had a feeling dust (as well as some of the my other ideas) wouldnt be possible, but this being a wish list so I added it anyways.

Arcalane:

--- Quote ---• Building remains that extend beyond the structures original base.
--- End quote ---

Just a case of making a different model for the 'destroyed' building as I understand it.

~~

--- Quote ---• Static (abandoned) vehicles. (scattered around they could help feel like te city has been evacuated as well as add to obstructions to get around).
Those ideas all combine to make urban warfare possibly something to dread or love (depending how you like to play). The large buildings are going to impede your view making any combat among them more chaotic, it would also promote tactical planning if you can bring down a building that'll block streets off creating choke points or road blocks forcing either you or the enemy to go another route (possibly through a well placed mine field laid on a city street). Destroying a building could also be used to cover an escape sending up a plume of dust preventing LOS for any in or around the dust cloud.
--- End quote ---

More civilian vehicles would probably help, yes. All we have right now are jeeps, armoured cars, dune buggies, ambulances, and various trucks. There's little in the way of other normal vehicles. Perhaps if it was possible to use team-colours on prop vehicles and have some that are offset/parked along the edge of the road, a lot of time and effort could be saved instead of needing to make lots of different props with different textures. Could also be useful for other props that don't need to be under AI control or considered hostile, but would be better team-coloured (APCs, fuel trucks, etc.) for thematic/appearance reasons.

~~

--- Quote ---• If the game is set to a specific grid system that wont allow this, simple ignore it. (clearly I dont play around in editor very much). I'd like to see structures that can be placed at an angle other than  90'. Like 45' base walls or buildings that naturally sit on a slieght angle compared to the rest to break away from the perfect symetry currently in game. Same goes for roads, paths etc.
--- End quote ---

Almost all objects can be rotated through 45° degree intervals, the only exception being base walls (diagonal variants exist) and road/path/runway overlays. I believe the roads thing is being worked on but don't quote me on that.

~~

Finally... do you have to keep setting a custom colour for your posts? It blends in a bit too much compared to the usual white, and almost blurs together for me.

StargateSpankyHam:
In one of the MW4 expansions, there was this fantastically massive building-thing that was targetable - apparently called a 'Strong Point Defense' or something like that. I found out the hard way that it was packing a gauss rifle.

I know we have gauss rifle turrets already...but strong point defenses would be pretty cool to implement. Never mind the fun we could have with extra-large turrets or something of that nature. Quad Gauss Rifle turrets? Maybe something with racks and racks of pulse lasers? LRM launchers to rival vultures and catapults?

Turrets, to me, always seemed a little bit like a gimmick. Let's face it, even in groups, the deadlier variations of turrets (like gauss and long toms) are only moderately dangerous to heavy or assault mechs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version