Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > MechCommander OmniTech

Several Questions about 0.66 release.

(1/3) > >>

Grizzly:
There are two:

- Where is the advertised 1920*1080 resolution? It does not appear in the resolutions tab for some unexplained reason.
- Secondly, when I want to start a campagin, there are two campagins known as Carver 5: "Carver 5", and "Carver V Campaign". Do they differ? if so, which one is the one upgraded speffically for Mech Omnitech?

Timerlane:
Figured someone else would have answered already, so I'll chip in, now.

I actually haven't tried it to see what happens, but "Carver V Campaign" was the name for the original retail MC2 campaign, so I expected "Carver 5" to be the updated one, and that's the one I've always used.

The primary difference, if there is one(if not, compared to the retail campaign), is that newer Mechs are used instead of just the same old standbys of each faction. The improved AI also makes it a considerably different game than MC2 retail, though I'd expect if the "Carver 5 Campaign" is unaltered, the AI will still be better.

No idea on the resolution issue.

Wilmet:
I also have a quick question: if I wanted to modify the carver V campaign to change some of the mech/vehicles the enemy uses, how would I do this? The .pak files are not apparently available for the editor, and playing around with the mission .fit files won't change it on its own... IIRC I once heard say that people had modified the carver V campaign by editing some files that were in the MC2 beta, but I don't suppose that would now work with the changes made already?  :confused:

Thanks for any kind of answer  ;)

PsychoLandlord:

--- Quote from: -Joshua- on May 22, 2011, 08:48:01 am ---- Where is the advertised 1920*1080 resolution? It does not appear in the resolutions tab for some unexplained reason.

--- End quote ---

The high level Resolutions are accessed through editing the options.cfg file in your install folder. Simply scroll down and change whatever number is there (3 is default) to a higher number. I believe 1920 x 1080 is the number 5.

I don't think any of the proper widescreen resolutions show up in the Res tab, as of yet.

Grizzly:
Right. I started the 'Carver 5" Campaign. One thing htat bugs me is that I do not have any weapons, nor can I buy extra... (Extra weapons as in those individual component thingies. You know, as per MC1)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version