Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora 3rd Party Missions, Mods & Campaigns

CNP hack, FREDing and a few plans & questions

<< < (2/2)

Hlicat:
Some good ideas to help out. It'll be good to see what the Diaspora guys are gonna do as well.

A few ideas I had was perhaps a training exercise with ships not yet upgraded with the CNP. Like in the tutorial, perhaps doing additional testing with ships that do have it.

Or perhaps have the Valkyrie need to bolster it's viper wings with that of the older models after a swift escape from it's dock.

Quite a few ways it could be done.

NGTM-1R:

--- Quote from: Aether on September 13, 2012, 12:50:49 pm ---The EMP trigger effect in that mission with the Gemenon Heart would also give a nice first-person CNP hack effect. Although it's be hard to write in how you managed to survive a CNP hack.

--- End quote ---

IIRC in the show everything just shuts off.

...can you kill the cockpit displays somehow?

Dukayn:
There's a SEXP in FRED to disable the HUD.  That should simulate it pretty well.  Maybe set craft to Immobile as well or however you disable flight commands.

jr2:
SEXP to disable HUD
SEXP to set player craft control to AI
SEXP to said said AI to play-dead

I believe my brother (m) was working on something similar in a totally unrelated campaign that he never finished past the first few missions, and that was how he simulated the player's ship being damaged to the point of being disabled... (well, he actually also used the EMP SEXP to simulate malfunctioning, as well as scripting your wingmen being KO'd; you were just lucky/unlucky enough to have your engines knocked out IIRC) actually, it was rather neat.  He had the enemy side use a rearming shuttle to dock with and capture the player's disabled craft, and then fade to red, then black to simulate a pilot blackout.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: jr2 on September 16, 2012, 05:19:51 pm ---SEXP to disable HUD
SEXP to set player craft control to AI
SEXP to said said AI to play-dead

I believe my brother (m) was working on something similar in a totally unrelated campaign that he never finished past the first few missions, and that was how he simulated the player's ship being damaged to the point of being disabled... (well, he actually also used the EMP SEXP to simulate malfunctioning, as well as scripting your wingmen being KO'd; you were just lucky/unlucky enough to have your engines knocked out IIRC) actually, it was rather neat.  He had the enemy side use a rearming shuttle to dock with and capture the player's disabled craft, and then fade to red, then black to simulate a pilot blackout.

--- End quote ---

This won't quite do the job, but if you open the BP2 mission that does exactly what's described here you can see the complete SEXP setup, including the redout. Unfortunately this won't take care of the cockpit displays in the Viper. You might have to mod up a new cockpit and do a switch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version