Author Topic: Multiplayer Errors  (Read 3209 times)

I forwarded 7808 and 7117 TCP and UPD as instructed in the multiplayer beta test. I could connect before, but I can't, now. I'm also up to date to 1.1. Can anyone help?
Callsign "RADAR"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well the question that springs to mind is "Where exactly did you forward those ports to?" I'm going to assume you might have done this incorrectly so forgive me if you do understand how to forward ports correctly.

I'm assuming you're on Windows. From the Windows start menu -> Accessories -> Command prompt. Type Ipconfig and press enter. You'll be given a list of interfaces on your PC. What you need to do is to forward the UDP ports to the IP address of your PC. This will probably be something along the lines of 192.168.x.x but it may even be 10.x.x.x. If the address you forwarded to doesn't match the address of your machine, well it's like telling your post office to forward your mail to a random address, you'll never receive it. 

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

No, we had it forwarded to the proper address. We made sure.
Callsign "RADAR"

Offline Echelon9

And is that internal address still the correct one for your computer? They will change over time.

Yeah. We went through the network itself to check it.
Callsign "RADAR"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm at a loss as to why forwarding the ports would stop you being able to host then. Are you having trouble getting people to connect to you when you didn't before? Or can you not connect to FS2NetD at all?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I tried logging on today after lunch. It worked. I guess it needed time to propagate through the network.
Callsign "RADAR"