Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > MechCommander OmniTech

MCO 628

<< < (2/5) > >>

RizZen:
Well as far as I know he did first modding MCG and years later he started modding mc2 by taking alot stuff over to new version but then lost his mc1 major campaign after format c. He asked for years people and other players who might have this data but I don't know if there actually is one...

wolfman-x:

--- Quote from: RizZen on March 10, 2017, 07:44:13 am ---Well as far as I know he did first modding MCG and years later he started modding mc2 by taking alot stuff over to new version but then lost his mc1 major campaign after format c. He asked for years people and other players who might have this data but I don't know if there actually is one...

--- End quote ---
I never worked on anything for MC1, Gold or whatever. You are a victim or provider of fake news :eek:
Magic is absolutely correct I only worked on MC2 mods and missions and campaigns.

btw: this post and the entire forum is about Magic's MCO and it is a pain to see it drift.
Therefore I clearified that point once and forall.

RizZen:
Mhh maybe it's fake news others committed long time ago.
I just repeat what I've found while searching all valuable information I could get for giving it an own try.

Victim? loooool

Anyways nice to meet you. Days ago I thought I've been riding a grave here.

@Magic:
What are these tools? For MCG really? Editor extender and how pkk files work I already know. What is that patch 20 and C exe? What do they do?

What you mean with this salvage issue? I thought salvage you can create with editor/abl scripting functions.

magic:
You create salvage with extender (i think) and some scripting...

C exe is my campaign installer, though I forgot how it works, you will have to try it.
I think you will have to place all missions of your campaign and it in the same folder before starting it?

RizZen:
Yeah but MCG works primary with *.fst library's. And it reads them in alphabetical order so that files can exist twice (like the campaign.fit files in missions folder). Game will take the first campaign.fit it finds in fst subfolders. So my path at the moment are cmunstas footsteps I'm walking into.

I got my test campaign rolling by naming like

00A_RizZ.fst -> for campaign and purchase files
00B_RizZ.fst -> for data\mission and data\terrain files*

To 00B I have to say that I do one fst file per mission at the moment but want to pack all of them in one fst file later.

Only problem is I need manually type in which files should be compressed and which I leave uncompressed in detail. Every file below 16-12 kBit I want to have uncompressed to reduce errors.

* and I plan to Devide mission.fst and terrain.fst files like this to make them possible to edit for other users later too who might have the problems I could solve.

Edit: extender I already have and all other data I could found only new files you did sent.

You know I have same problem like you too. I have a wife and a business but I like gaming since 3 decades and trying this is a challenge smt. new to learn as hobbie.

I've learned past week that it's no easy way to make a campaign. For each mission it takes hours to create and make it real epic in detail with given options, but I'm willing to do it even it will last a year or more. But this is fun doing at the moment and I want to create some challenging results before I'll stop cause I liked mc and my work should be just a tribute ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version