Author Topic: Jaded's ModPacks  (Read 17940 times)

So I've installed those in FSU MVPs for 4.4.2, but I am getting the same error.  Is it possible I have to somehow force the FSU MVPs to stay in 4.4.2? Because when I go back to home page and try to run your FSport, FSU MVPs reverts to 4.4.5.? Uninstall it?

https://imgur.com/a/PxcYiBK

Hmm, based on your screenshots it should be working. Knossos will automatically select 4.4.2 when you launch Jaded's FSPort, regardless of what it says in the details page for FSU MVPs.

I'm afraid I'm not sure why it would still be having this issue. You might try asking in #knossos on discord or in the knossos thread here on the forums.

Will do. I am having the same errors when trying to run your ST:R, but weirdly your Derelict and FS2 works.

https://i.imgur.com/HHsWhhG.png

Whenever I attempt to download Jaded's Silent Threat Reborn via Knossos, I get the error "A critical error occurred" and the mod is not downloaded. I can download all other Jaded mods via Knossos without issue.

Whenever I attempt to download Jaded's Silent Threat Reborn via Knossos, I get the error "A critical error occurred" and the mod is not downloaded. I can download all other Jaded mods via Knossos without issue.

This is now fixed. I'm sorry about the long delay. I didn't see this post until recently. :-(

It was a mistake on my part. I still had Jaded's STR depending on an old version of STR that wanted the older MVPs. Once that was corrected everything worked again.

Thanks for your modpacks! Really enjoing the upgraded experience, especially the HUD icons. There has been a new release for BP, (upgrading to the newest MediaVPs, among other stuff). Do you have plans to upgrade your mod pack, too? I have been fiddling around with the mod.json, trying to do it myself, but I somehow can't get it to work (Knossos still shows the old MVPs as installed for your modpack). Thanks again for your work!

Heya, just letting you know Blue Planet Complete got a fairly big update recently.

Hey guys. Sorry for the time MIA. Ark: Survival Evolved got it's claws into me again. Been breeding an army of dinosaurs to take over The Island with. Fun stuff. Unfortunately... combined with my slightly addictive personality... Ark has gotten in the way of me keeping up with things here.

I plan to get back on the horse here in the next month or so and get things back up to date. Lot of exciting stuff going on. Especially with the new lighting and changes to BPC. And so, here's where we are:

• Grizzly has integrated a lot of the same features Jaded's BPC adds to the core BPC mod. I need to take a closer look at what Jaded's BPC can still offer before I decide anything but with the excellent work Grizzly has done I may actually discontinue Jaded's BPC. Let me know what you guys think.
  • For the other Modpacks I'd like to look at possibly implementing similar lighting changes to what Grizzly has done for recent versions of BPC. Whether that's even possible is something I'll have to experiment with.
  • With the apparent indefinite hiatus of the nuknossos project some of the other plans I had are now on hold as a result. I had hoped to introduce complete modularization to all the Jaded's Modpacks to let people install what features they wanted and leave the ones they didn't like off. Current knossos makes this hard (if not impossible). I'll look into it again and try to nail down exactly what issues stand in the way and maybe bug some of the wonderful people who have been creating maintenance releases of old knossos... but I can't promise anything regarding modularization just yet.
Stay tuned. :-D

For the other Modpacks I'd like to look at possibly implementing similar lighting changes to what Grizzly has done for recent versions of BPC. Whether that's even possible is something I'll have to experiment with.

This is perfectly possible: The lion's share of lighting changes is done by FSO 23 itself and the adjustments I made in lighting_profiles.tbl are basically the icing on the cake. You can copy over that table, check the docuemtation, and work from there. Or just leave it as is! It works.

The key thing with BPC's lighting profile is that it had to work with FS2, AoA and WiH simultaneously. It'll probably work everywhere pretty well. But I do encourage you to hop into the F3 lab and try different lighting strengths, tonemappers, tonemapper settings, and exposures. FSPort and the like have a lot of PBR mapping (which the current lighting system is built around), and their backgrounds are a lot more consistent then some of the extreme ones in BP, so you have a lot more room to tweak without making some aspect look bad.

A small change I made in the mission files themselves was to change the ambient lighting by multiplying it with (one of the) sun(s) RGB values as defined in stars.tbl (or -str.tbm). This basically means that ambient lighting is slightly different from emissive lighting in look, which gave me a small extra avenue for tweaking.

A very important thing to remember is that from FSO 23 onwards, the nebulae and planets in the background themselves also cast light. This is an incredibly cool effect, but it can't be tweaked using the lighting profiles table: It's always there. The intensity of it can only be adjusted by adjusting all the other lighting settings relative to it. IMO, the more you can bring this aspect of the new lighting out in your profile, the better.

Just to re-iterate: You don't have to do this. The BPC profile is pretty great! But I kinda want to see what you do with it.

Offline neoterran

• Grizzly has integrated a lot of the same features Jaded's BPC adds to the core BPC mod. I need to take a closer look at what Jaded's BPC can still offer before I decide anything but with the excellent work Grizzly has done I may actually discontinue Jaded's BPC. Let me know what you guys think.
  • For the other Modpacks I'd like to look at possibly implementing similar lighting changes to what Grizzly has done for recent versions of BPC. Whether that's even possible is something I'll have to experiment with.
  • With the apparent indefinite hiatus of the nuknossos project some of the other plans I had are now on hold as a result. I had hoped to introduce complete modularization to all the Jaded's Modpacks to let people install what features they wanted and leave the ones they didn't like off. Current knossos makes this hard (if not impossible). I'll look into it again and try to nail down exactly what issues stand in the way and maybe bug some of the wonderful people who have been creating maintenance releases of old knossos... but I can't promise anything regarding modularization just yet.
Stay tuned. :-D

I just wanted to thank you for making these modpacks. They are a huge help and I kind of wish I had them for campaigns like Inferno Nostos and Sol A History as well. At least a few of the better campaigns out there could do with you know. actually using the updated models and radar icons over the actual vessels and such.

I've been playing FSO on and off now for 20 years. Sometimes I forget totally about it, Sometimes I get back into it. I even voice acted some campaigns and forgot that I did.

The amount of times I've had, on different machines, had to reinstall, and tweak things to get things to just look good, is insane. Knossos, despite it's huge and weird bugs (I think mostly just don't ask it to do more than one thing at once is the key) is also a real help for those that used to and forgot how to do mod.ini tweaking. I just love installing a modpack and having the game look really good, and your packs, despite maybe not the best way to do it long term, really help in terms of getting something up and running quick with the latest and greatest things.

I still remember the first time I saw name plates on a Fenris because it loaded correctly (In Derelict in that first mission) and I also remember the first time seeing the radar animations, the new mainhalls and having stuff just look good.

It's a shame that's it's so hard and I've had to uninstall and reinstall so many mods so many times now.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"