Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270147 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I daresay most gamers are humans...

Exactly.

Looking forward to my Stalker.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I daresay most gamers are humans...
Allow me to doubt that :p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

On another note... that archway in Snow Forest that overlooks the tunnel entrance for the southeast base guys? I jumpjetted onto that (was a 2xSRM-6 C1 with a couple lasers), and while my buddies in the tunnel were taking beatings, I laid down SRM fire onto those guys choking the exit... and it took them two minutes to realize I was raining "death from above."

I erhm... may have been one of those people not looking up.  :nono: Not my finest match.

This patch is just bad news for momma's lil' hunchie. Karrin doesn't want to get all sweaty, so she can't pack Artemis with her swankin' six packs, and now there's going to be a big, creepy Stalker roaming around with missiles and lasers everywhere.  :(

But, on the bright side, every idiot and all of their idiot friends seem to be thinking XL engines are great for assaults again. Tasty Tasty XL engines. :D

But: NIGHT VISION MAP! woohoo. Wait. No woohooo. Time to be blinded whenever someone hits me CT. Yay blindness!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Holy crap this patch... sounds both awesome and terrifying.

No more Repair/Rearm costs, trial mechs get xp now, new players have a massive bonus so by the end of their first 25 games they get 7.9 million c-bills, and if you've already played more than 25 games, you get 7.9 MC-Bills free. 

Added Stalker with 5 variants and 2 Hero Dragons, a myriad of weapons adjustments, and of course a new game mode and a new map.

Not sure about you but the current setup of the conquest mode sounds like a massive cluster**** waiting to happen--limited lives and 5 resource collectors to capture.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

5 variants sounds good, but 3 of them are very much inferior to the 5S and 5M since they have fewer hardpoints. And the trial Stalker is more of a danger to itself than to anyone it is trying to shoot at. Saw two self-destruct so far in 3 matches.  :lol: And the nose! Its so big and srm'able. Can't turn for **** and the sides are way too vulnerable for an XL engine.

Going to be enjoying the next few days (supposing I get time to play) smashing all of these that people rushed to buy :D

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Just played a round in it, yeah, the heat can be an issue if you fire everything. I'd imagine the explody-stalkers are newbies not too familiar with what heat will do to them.  I've stuck with long-range LL bombardment and I must say, the effect sustained linked LL fire has is pretty impressive.  And being able to back it up with missiles is pretty fun, too.

The Conquest game mode is, as I expected, a cluster****.  Lights rule the day, and Assaults are liabilities, not assets.

And now I have a f**kton of money and I don't know what I should do with it.  I could buy basically any mech without cutting into my Highlander fund, so what should I roll?  I'm trying to decide between Cataphract 4X, Catapult C4, or just splurging and om nomming a Stalker 3F/5M.  Advice?
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

I guess they could have been, or I just don't think noobs know how to override shutdown :p

Conquest is super depressing I agree. Being the heaviest mech doing anything useful shouldn't be something said of an H-Muffin. And at the same time, ****ty netcode means TAG is ****ing useless against lights, since missiles lose lock if they rubber band.  If.  :lol:

5M has DHS, so its slightly less bad really ****ing cheap out of the box. And if you buy it now, it comes with a complimentary NARC beacon, free! Don't equip it and throw it in your garage, hang it on your wall, leave it outside to rust, no problem. It'll still work just like new.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
My god. I ran into a full lance of Stalkers while driving my Commando.

It's like hitting a solid wall made of LRMs and Large Lasers if they catch you out into the open. My arms both came off and I had center torso damage on the first salvo.

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
So I decided to Stalker it up, rolled with the 5M, stripped it and then gave it 2xSRM4, 2xSRM6, 4xLL and left the DHS alone. It's the bastard lovechild of an SRM and a LL boat.

I have in my garage a Commando and a Centurion, both kitted out how I like with the extra C-bills we just got. What mech should I go for next? I'd like a heavy or assault, maybe with energy weapons and/or LRMs to be a change of pace from my UAC/5 and SRM-build mediums. No Catapult unless it's really worth it; too easy of a target.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
COM-2D why did not I buy you sooner?  Just had a conquest map game, a Raven jockey and I played merry hell with the our opponents.  We eventually lost but we killed a Stalker, Cat, Atlas and a Raven, not to mention having capped most of the points at one point or another.  If I hadn't exhausted all my SRMs and the Raven hadn't been legged we probably could have ate the remaining Stalker and Raven that was left on the other team.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I have in my garage a Commando and a Centurion, both kitted out how I like with the extra C-bills we just got. What mech should I go for next? I'd like a heavy or assault, maybe with energy weapons and/or LRMs to be a change of pace from my UAC/5 and SRM-build mediums. No Catapult unless it's really worth it; too easy of a target.

With the PPC fix an AWS-8Q PPC'er seem to be workable again, or just quad LL + some ml/mpl depending on what fits/heat to play tag with lights. A hybrid on an 8T/8V chassis also works, but if you go with LRMs there rather than streaks, lights and hunchies will come to say hello. Cats definitely make the best LRM boats though, the jump jets are invaluable at putting themselves out of reach of brawlers and the like. Just don't make a D-DC LRM boat build. I can't think of anything more depressing to find on either team.  :nono:

So I decided to Stalker it up, rolled with the 5M, stripped it and then gave it 2xSRM4, 2xSRM6, 4xLL and left the DHS alone. It's the bastard lovechild of an SRM and a LL boat.

Moooooooooooooooooooommy! Is a monster in my video game! :shaking:

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page

No more Repair/Rearm costs, trial mechs get xp now, new players have a massive bonus so by the end of their first 25 games they get 7.9 million c-bills, and if you've already played more than 25 games, you get 7.9 MC-Bills free. 

Not sure about you but the current setup of the conquest mode sounds like a massive cluster**** waiting to happen--limited lives and 5 resource collectors to capture.

1. The side effect is that you don't have the 75 or 100K base pay, it's a flat 25 (since R&R is gone for now, seems the median repair cost is 50K). They will bring back R&R some day after New Year's. Enjoy your no-repair bill XLs and Artemis.

2. Lights and XL Meds rule the day on that.

Oh, and on another note... the Orion has been announced.

On another note... that archway in Snow Forest that overlooks the tunnel entrance for the southeast base guys? I jumpjetted onto that (was a 2xSRM-6 C1 with a couple lasers), and while my buddies in the tunnel were taking beatings, I laid down SRM fire onto those guys choking the exit... and it took them two minutes to realize I was raining "death from above."

I erhm... may have been one of those people not looking up.  :nono: Not my finest match.

I got noticed by a Commando. Phracts and Hunchies were holding the chokepoint.

And by the way, has anyone noticed that there are a few players that seem to be rigged with aimbots? I'm kinda seeing occurrences of pilots getting headshot a bit too cleanly by Gauss Rifles. (Catapults are highly susceptible to this...)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

And by the way, has anyone noticed that there are a few players that seem to be rigged with aimbots? I'm kinda seeing occurrences of pilots getting headshot a bit too cleanly by Gauss Rifles. (Catapults are highly susceptible to this...)

Cats have a -huge- cockpit hitbox if you are firing down on them. I got a K2 that way today off of the hills in Forest Colony as it closed using a Gaussback. Could be aimbotters, but ballistics got a pretty sexy speed boost in the patch so you can actually trace with arm lasers and land a gauss based on that out to like 200ish meters.

Oh, and on another note... the Orion has been announced.

So, May/June of next year or so for release?

I got noticed by a Commando. Phracts and Hunchies were holding the chokepoint.

Sounds about right.  :nono:

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Yeah I've seen snipers dropping off rounds they should not be.  One match on FC I crested a hill for overwatch, was concealed behind trees, and instantly took a gauss round to the cockpit.  I retreated, and for the next minute saw autocannon impacts in front of my cockpit, even though there was a hill in the way.  No damage was registered, but I'm damn certain someone landing a headshot at that range through dense foliage and then being able to pinpoint target through a hill is guilty of hax.

My only regret is that I didn't have the foresight to let him kill me so I could report his ass.

Booo! forum nommed my serenade to the lady in black. Probably for the best though. Suffice to say I bought a 3L and it really is as easy-mode lulzful as it seems. Its got shields, its got speed. The only things that it lacks is a pair of heavy autocannons and a Cuttle and I could pretend I'ma huntin' glitches in ma' Talon. :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So. Stalker. Triple Large Laser. Five SRM-6. Holy ****. People charge at you with all these visions of "he's got LRMs he's a stalker he'll overheat if we fight him close" and then suddenly they get hit by thirty SRMs and you can see them flinch. Literally, I mean it. Most people will immediately jerk their torsos when the missile rain comes down, then immediately throttle down and swerve to try and get out your line of fire.

It's glorious.

A Feddie Story

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
So. Stalker. Triple Large Laser. Five SRM-6. Holy ****. People charge at you with all these visions of "he's got LRMs he's a stalker he'll overheat if we fight him close" and then suddenly they get hit by thirty SRMs and you can see them flinch. Literally, I mean it.

I've had my fair share of run-ins with deadly SRM-stuffed Stalkers or those who have LRM-20s. Most of the time, the Stalker pilots I cross by are halfwits who think it's a good idea to mass stuff PPCs into them or don't have the backing coolant to support whatever they stuffed into their system.

Right now, I'm trying to Elite my Catapults (done with the K2), just doing a C4 that's Artemis-enhanced (2x SRM-6s, 2x SRM-4s, 4 tons of SRM ammo, with an M-Pulse and TAG). Surprisingly, on a shortcat that doesn't hold candles against six-by-six Cats or Stalkers, I end up scoring the most points when I end up part of the losing brigade. But the thing I love about it is that it can beautifully expose the CT of an Atlas.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Right now, I'm trying to Elite my Catapults (done with the K2), just doing a C4 that's Artemis-enhanced (2x SRM-6s, 2x SRM-4s, 4 tons of SRM ammo, with an M-Pulse and TAG). Surprisingly, on a shortcat that doesn't hold candles against six-by-six Cats or Stalkers, I end up scoring the most points when I end up part of the losing brigade. But the thing I love about it is that it can beautifully expose the CT of an Atlas.

Heh. I've been running almost the same thing, 4xASRM4 and twin MPL. Busted up a fair few 6x6ers with it so far before they get close enough to be effective. 

Most of the time, the Stalker pilots I cross by are halfwits who think it's a good idea to mass stuff PPCs into them or don't have the backing coolant to support whatever they stuffed into their system.

So much this. Or boat-stalkers that load ammo in their arms without using case.  :lol:

I think a pure LL stalker is the most dangerous to face off against though.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken