Author Topic: new(bie) to the forums... some pre-emptive suggestions?  (Read 5810 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: new(bie) to the forums... some pre-emptive suggestions?
Err... but then you have problems with cross-platform compatibility, right?  If you happen to use caps or no caps, it doesn't matter, it's treated as the same file... but in another platform, it's not.  So you'd have to watch yourself.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep.

As for the mod.ini thing. I don't think case matters on Windows systems. When mod.ini files start working with Linux, then you'll see problems.

Why do you think I always write mediavps and never Mediavps or MediaVPs. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

OK hopefully last question for a while. Game is running fine now. I have a joystick problem though. Changing the deadzone and sensitivity through the options menu doesnt seem to be having any effect and i dont believe i can change those settings through the Vista control panel. Its a Saitek ST290 Pro if that helps at all.

thanks for all your help guys, even if i do get more info than i bargained for  ;)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Try Game Controller > Properties > Settings > Calibrate, or wherever they stuck that function in Vista... search Help if nothing else.