Author Topic: Random squad question  (Read 6263 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Will the 70th Blue Lions still be around in INF SCP's timeline?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

good question, though, inferencing from the fact that squadrons aren't mentioned in either INFR1 and INFA, i doubt that squadrons will be named at all.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There will be squads in INFASA. Not sure about INFSCP.

Offline eliex

I hope they do. Squadrons make campaigns are lot more interesting than without.
BTW, are the internals for INFSCP and INFASA separate so people don't know what the other group is doing?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes and No. They both have seperate internals but most of the INFA staff are now also working on INFSCP so they have access to both. Only a few don't. Important stuff that affects both is mentioned on both internals if needed.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Why is most of the INFA staff working on INFSCP? Is INFASA that far along in the development process?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Mainly cause there are no other active staff members for INF, and it was decided to tie both mods a bit closer together so their input was needed.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
There will be squadrons in both INFA and INF SCP, although only the later one has them properly set (squadron logos excluded).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Raskolnikov

Re: Random squad question
I've always thought that Fs2 squadrons sort of arbitrarily insisted on themselves. "We're going to transfer you to this squadron so you can fly a herc. Now you transfer to a different squadron to fly an interceptor. Now you're in a bomber squadron to fly a few bombing missions." At the same time, it was good for the atmosphere and gave briefings a little more variety. Leading an elite fighter squadron at the end of the game was neat, I'll admit.

Actually, I'm not sure what my opinion is. Disregard this post, pilot.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:57:30 am by Raskolnikov »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I've always thought that Fs2 squadrons sort of arbitrarily insisted on themselves. "We're going to transfer you to this squadron so you can fly a herc. Now you transfer to a different squadron to fly an interceptor. Now you're in a bomber squadron to fly a few bombing missions." At the same time, it was good for the atmosphere and gave briefings a little more variety. Leading an elite fighter squadron at the end of the game was neat, I'll admit.

Actually, I'm not sure what my opinion is. Disregard this post, pilot.

Yeah, that's it really :)

It made the mission types make more sense, and just gave you that sense of belonging a bit more

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Inferno will not use that system. Although the player may be transferred during new INF campaigns, it surely won't happen every 3 or so missions.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Inferno will not use that system. Although the player may be transferred during new INF campaigns, it surely won't happen every 3 or so missions.

Yeah, I thought I was the only one who found that a bit weird. Most pilots are transferred to about 3 squadrons in their entire careers, nowhere near every three missions.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
You're assuming that all the missions Alpha 1 ever flew are all in FS2, and they probably aren't.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You're assuming that all the missions Alpha 1 ever flew are all in FS2, and they probably aren't.

Fair enough, routine patrols and likewise wouldn't be in the game. But it does a damn good job of convincing you everything you do fly is in there

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
That was only a good idea to have various gaming experiences in the game. The exchange program with the Vasudans was the most notable one, since there would have been no other ways to pilot Vasudan spacecraft.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
That was only a good idea to have various gaming experiences in the game. The exchange program with the Vasudans was the most notable one, since there would have been no other ways to pilot Vasudan spacecraft.

Yeah, that's about the only benefit it was in the game

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There even were a few glitches in that system. The 107th flew bombers in Slaying Ravana and the 64th flew fighters in Endgame. Squadrons with specific roles aren't flexible.

That's why Inferno will be probably focused on the concept of Multirole Squadrons for the time being.
The Lightblue Ribbon